• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vice: Trey Gowdy says being in Congress was largely a waste of time

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
South Carolina Republican Trey Gowdy, who is retiring from Congress this year, told Vice News' Michael C. Moynihan that he felt being in Congress was largely a waste of time, as it was bogged down by "ineffectiveness." And asked what he makes of the Republican party in 2018, he said "the goal is to win" — that's it.

Why it matters: 37 House Republicans have said they're not running for re-election this year, upping the odds Democrats retake the House.

Sound bites:

-"We've convinced ourselves that we have to because the country will go to Hades in a hand basket if my team doesn't win," Gowdy said.

-"To the extent men judge themselves based on what they do for a living, I don't have a lot to show for the last seven years."

https://www.axios.com/trey-gowdy-th...=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

South Carolina Republican Trey Gowdy, who is retiring from Congress this year, told Vice News' Michael C. Moynihan that he felt being in Congress was largely a waste of time, as it was bogged down by "ineffectiveness." And asked what he makes of the Republican party in 2018, he said "the goal is to win" — that's it.

Why it matters: 37 House Republicans have said they're not running for re-election this year, upping the odds Democrats retake the House.

Sound bites:

-"We've convinced ourselves that we have to because the country will go to Hades in a hand basket if my team doesn't win," Gowdy said.

-"To the extent men judge themselves based on what they do for a living, I don't have a lot to show for the last seven years."

https://www.axios.com/trey-gowdy-th...=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

fuck trey gowdy and anybody that all of a sudden gives one of these GOP assholes a pass because at the very end they act like they're above it all. he was as much as participant in the GOP's decline as anybody.

I was trying to figure out the perfect response. J2C nailed it. All the Benghazi nonsense was only about winning elections and Gowdy was the main culprit.

We attribute this deadlocked governing to "extreme partisanship", but I think thats incorrect because partisanship is based on political theory. Our government is stalled due to rank tribalism and gamesmanship. Politicians and voters are willing to forfeit their own beliefs and their own party platform inorder to win elections.

fuck trey gowdy and anybody that all of a sudden gives one of these GOP assholes a pass because at the very end they act like they're above it all. he was as much as participant in the GOP's decline as anybody.

Although I am happy to see any GOP politician speak truth to bullshit, I wholeheartedly agree with this post.

Trey Gowdy could pull some Darth Vader in ROTJ shit and redeem himself at the end.

Back