• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Gave up on Divinity: Original Sin. I play games for fun, not to be constantly stumped and have to go online to find which pixel to click on to advance the game. I really wanted to like that game, the story is neat and the combat mechanics are cool, but the devs' habit of just obnoxiously hiding the ball got old. Is Divinity: Original Sin 2 an upgrade on the first one or more of the same?

Taking a mental break with Far Cry 4, which is the same game as Far Cry 3, but hey you can ride elephants apparently.

Taking a mental break with Far Cry 4, which is the same game as Far Cry 3, but hey you can ride elephants apparently.

You know you can finish that game in about 10 minutes, right? Also, I think Pagan Min is a more fun antagonist than the main bad in FC3 (though Vaas was pretty great).

You know you can finish that game in about 10 minutes, right? Also, I think Pagan Min is a more fun antagonist than the main bad in FC3 (though Vaas was pretty great).

Shhhhhhh

Far Cry 4 is great. The helicopter is awesome, but I liked 3 better.

I really expected the end of 3 to be awakening from a drug induced fantasy and not reality.

I played through Gone Home, and it was great. It felt like reading a short story, but through a tactile game - it's part mystery, part drama, part love story, and part time capsule.

It's several years old now, but I'd still recommend it today.

I played through Gone Home, and it was great. It felt like reading a short story, but through a tactile game - it's part mystery, part drama, part love story, and part time capsule.

It's several years old now, but I'd still recommend it today.

It's a great game. I spent most of the game waiting for a jump scare.

Has anyone played The Escapists? Thinking about picking it up on iPad just to mess around with before bed

I also picked up Last of Us: Remastered for 5.00 at a yard sale. Had big expectations for it based off on online ratings but I've been pretty disappointed. Feels extremely linear and I really don't like the combat. Only 2 hours in so far but I'm not sure I'll finish

I also picked up Last of Us: Remastered for 5.00 at a yard sale. Had big expectations for it based off on online ratings but I've been pretty disappointed. Feels extremely linear and I really don't like the combat. Only 2 hours in so far but I'm not sure I'll finish

To each their own, I guess, but I loved Last of Us. It is extremely linear, and that doesn't change. I thought the characters and setting were very strong and the story was good. I didn't mind the combat, though I certainly played each encounter to get through it, not for the sake of the combat itself.

To each their own, I guess, but I loved Last of Us. It is extremely linear, and that doesn't change. I thought the characters and setting were very strong and the story was good. I didn't mind the combat, though I certainly played each encounter to get through it, not for the sake of the combat itself.

I think my main problem is the mechanics of firing a gun. So far I've only encountered a pistol and there's a full 1 second lag between the time you can fire shots. Like, that's not how a gun works. I think I would enjoy it more if they didn't make the firing rate completely unrealistic. Probably a petty reason to not like a game but I can't get over it every time I pull the trigger ti fire and it makes me wait and refocus on the target

Lol didn't know that but looked it up online - that's a funny easter egg. I'll have to start a new game and try that.

Also, as an aside, the way they treat hunting animals in these Far Cry games is hilarious. I need a tiger skin... guess I'll just go to the place on the map marked with a tiger, scare one up, and shoot it from 10 feet away, and if I don't kill it I'll just run after it shooting until it goes down. Totes how hunting tigers works in real life.

I burned through What Remains of Edith Finch this weekend.

I bought it on the holiday sale for xbox, so it was well worth the $10 tag, and I'd even pay the full $20 for it. It's short and sweet, but very affecting, especially if you have kids. In fact, I'd even recommend skipping it unless you do have children, so much of the emotional weight comes from playing on the parental experience. Two sections definitely got the room a little dusty.

That is one of the worst written articles I've ever seen.

"Miitomo, the social app that was its first release on mobile, didn't hold its popular and will close down in May.

Mario Kart is the only much-loved franchise that'll be hitting smartphones, sources told the Wall Street Journal last year that a Legend Of Zelda release is in development, but Nintendo hasn't confirmed that."

The Super Mario Run app was fine but I didn’t want to pay for the full game and haven’t played it since release.

I’d play the hell out of some Mario Kart.

Back