• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

If you're looking for an RPG, I picked up "A Plague Tale: Innocence" on Prime Day. I haven't had much time to play it, but have enjoyed what I've gotten through. Very reminiscent of The Last of Us.

Last edited:
I tried it for a few hours and couldn't get past the controls. Shipped it to my roommate from college the next day. I know I'm in the minority there but oh well, I hated it

I'm with you, it just felt too slow. Cyberpunk is the next big RPG I'm waiting for.

Not going to get Outer Worlds until it is available somewhere besides the Epic store (ideally Steam), no way I support that exclusivity shit (waiting on Borderlands 3 for this reason right now too).

Not that I have anything against paying for well made games, but as an FYI, Outer Worlds is on XBOX Game Pass.

I tried it for a few hours and couldn't get past the controls. Shipped it to my roommate from college the next day. I know I'm in the minority there but oh well, I hated it

I was excited for the release, played it for 90 minutes and felt like I was controlling a marionette puppet then never launched it again.

Not that I have anything against paying for well made games, but as an FYI, Outer Worlds is on XBOX Game Pass.

I'm primarily on PC these days, unless you're saying it'll be cross-play if you get it through that (I feel like Microsoft has maybe done that before with games?).

im so glad they already launched an MMORPG version of elder scrolls b/c if that was going to be the plan for 6 I would just quit videogames

im so glad they already launched an MMORPG version of elder scrolls b/c if that was going to be the plan for 6 I would just quit videogames

At this point I'm fully prepared to be disappointed and almost expecting it. The chances of a subscription being tied to it are high

xbox game pass seems worth it - yes? lots of titles i never had a chance to get around to b/c i didn't want to blow $60 due to lack of time

xbox game pass seems worth it - yes? lots of titles i never had a chance to get around to b/c i didn't want to blow $60 due to lack of time

Especially if you got into it when they had the offer to upgrade existing Xbox Live accounts to Gamepass for $1, regardless of how much time you had left. Mine was renewing in a month, so I completely canceled by Live account, started a new one for a year, then paid $1 to upgrade it. Been worth that $1 so far, and I'm excited to play Outer Worlds.

Has anyone played Disco Elysium? The reviews are outstanding, but I don't know if I completely understand what kind of game is it. Is it mostly a detective game? Is there fighting/action? It looks and sounds like a lot of fun, but my time is also somewhat limited and I'm enjoying the hell out of Borderlands 3 still (and will play Outer Worlds).

Especially if you got into it when they had the offer to upgrade existing Xbox Live accounts to Gamepass for $1, regardless of how much time you had left. Mine was renewing in a month, so I completely canceled by Live account, started a new one for a year, then paid $1 to upgrade it. Been worth that $1 so far, and I'm excited to play Outer Worlds.

Has anyone played Disco Elysium? The reviews are outstanding, but I don't know if I completely understand what kind of game is it. Is it mostly a detective game? Is there fighting/action? It looks and sounds like a lot of fun, but my time is also somewhat limited and I'm enjoying the hell out of Borderlands 3 still (and will play Outer Worlds).

Funny, RSF just gave me a strong rec for Disco Elysium. Looks like a pretty open-world isometric RPG (with dialog and skill checks and stuff vs lots of typical "action"), at least that's the vibe I got from researching it for about 10 minutes. Maybe he can chime in with more, but I've put it on my wishlist for now so I don't forget about it.

Outer Worlds is fun enough; scratching the RPG itch. It's basically a space Fallout game; The gameplay feels a bit archaic; weird that it's from Obsidian (new vegas) and yet seems like a version of a Bethesda RPG from Oblivion era. I think it might be because it's streamlined/doesn't have extraneous gameplay mechanics like "base construction" or "growing food"

Outer Worlds is fun enough; scratching the RPG itch. It's basically a space Fallout game; The gameplay feels a bit archaic; weird that it's from Obsidian (new vegas) and yet seems like a version of a Bethesda RPG from Oblivion era. I think it might be because it's streamlined/doesn't have extraneous gameplay mechanics like "base construction" or "growing food"

Picked it up on Saturday evening. It's literally Fallout in space, no easier way to describe it. Not a bad thing, I'm enjoying it. My only complaint is I couldn't customize the controls. I hate that crouch is O and melee is R3. I've mixed that up at least 10 times now and usually results in me meleeing a bystander in the face. Small complaint, all things considered.

Yeah, Disco Elysium is phenomenal. The writing is seriously good. It plays sort of like Fallout 2, but subs out combat for skill check/dialogue solutions.

I was telling cookout and TW the other day that I'm *pretty sure* the game offered me a dialogue option in the first hour that would have seriously changed the playthrough. You play as an alcoholic detective who wakes up after a night of particularly heavy drinking and remembers basically nothing about himself. A character asked me where I lived, and I had the option of telling my internal dialogue "fuck it, this is my life now" and claiming to be a "hobocop". I decided to lie about totally knowing where my home is, instead.

Back