• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I've basically stopped console gaming over the past decade, but will flip on GTA V or an old version of Fifa every couple of months.

I impulse bought a Xbox Series X last week, and haven't taken it out of the box yet. What should I be getting into?

Picked up Rise of the Ronin last week and although it took me some time to get into it, I'm mostly enjoying it so far. Still a few things I need to get used to and figure out, and so far it's defs not as good as Ghosts of Tsushima, but it's totally fun.

I'm having a hard time convincing myself to play anything other than Baldur's Gate 3. I just beat it for the 2nd time, and I want to go back and do another run!

August 30 release

GamePass dropping MLB 2024 and PGA Tour was nice. Cool to play through Augusta right before The Masters.

Need to find some time to binge the Fallout series. I cancelled amazon prime a few months ago but hoping I can get a 7 day free trial to watch the whole thing

Anyone pick up Dragon’s Dogma? Would be interested in hearing any reviews.
I got it and found it very boring and crummy. It's constant encounters with goblins/lizard monsters, constant spamming of the 4 SKILLS you have equipped at any time, the graphics are fine but fairly muddy (Xbox Series X fwiw), the inventory sucks, weight management sucks, pawns are annoying as hell, lack of easier fast travel (for immersion!) sucks. The world is big but doesn't actually feel that wide open because there tend to be fairly linear pathways around the interesting spots, and there's also not a huge reason to explore anyway because the best things you find are gold and the items that let you fast travel. All of the best gear I've gotten in my 10-15 hrs has been bought from vendors, and that sucks.

In short, I guess if you liked the first one, maybe you'll like this one. But I find it pretty crappy and I'm annoyed I spent $70 on it because the reviews (from reviewers I often read and trust) said it was great. Should've waited for more independent reviews like I'm reading now on reddit.

So now I'm back to playing BG3 again, doing a Karlach origin run!

Finally played all the way through GOW:Ragnarok. What a great game -- so much bigger and better than the 2018 GOW. Finished the main story and then played through and beat all the berserkers, including King Hroth, and ended with Gna. Some nearly Elden Ring-tough post main story boss battles. Need to figure out what to do next before Shadow of the Erdtree.

I thought Gna and one of the Berserker fights (the 2 v 1) on No Mercy (not even God mode) were more difficult than anything I faced in any of the Fromsoft games, outside of maybe some Sekiro fights. Most Fromsoft enemies have a glaring weakness/pattern to beat them. I never found that with Gna. You just had to be ready for any one of 10 attacks or so at all times. And then essentially pray you can finish her off when she’s going berserk for the final quarter of her life bar.

Yeah, I played on whatever the regular difficulty mode is called and died a bunch. I also had resurrection stones and used them every time I died fighting each of them, but in each fight where I actually beat them, I didn't actually have to use the stones, which was weird.

Balatro is the perfect airplane game. Especially when you’re in the airport for 36 hours. Had some super fun runs. Started one off with the deck where you start with two fool cards and tried to knock off some jokers I hadn’t unlocked like getting 30 clubs.

Started with the joker that gives you a tarot card if you play a hand with under $3 and managed to pull off 5 tarot cards per round and ended up with a deck of 100% clubs and with 100% bonus/mult/steel/glass on each card. Died on the $300 mil round with $284. Passed on the glass and steel joker when I probably shouldn’t have.

Then had a different run where I ran a vampire up to 20x where the joker that turns all face card gold turning 5 cards on every play.

Countless others, aiming for completeness, 3 challenges , 5 jokers and about half the runs left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Balatro escalates at some point, because I have completed a couple runs and got to ante 10 at one point, but I can't fathom how to get upwards of 200k per hand, much less the 100M you need to unlock one of the jokers.

Back