• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vidovich to Pitt

Odd....maybe an "I made a mistake" moment ?

Weird. There's gotta be more to him leaving Wake.

"Vidovich comes from a lengthy coaching background, having most recently helmed the Portland Timbers 2 in the United Soccer League for one season."

What's the story there, again? 1 year stint usually means something happened, right?

"In his time at Wake Forest, Vidovich held a 272-121-50 career record and led the Demon Deacons to the NCAA Tournament in 13 of his final 14 seasons there."

Odd they failed to mention a certain achievement during one of those 13 NCAA tournaments....

"In his time at Wake Forest, Vidovich held a 272-121-50 career record and led the Demon Deacons to the NCAA Tournament in 13 of his final 14 seasons there."

Odd they failed to mention a certain achievement during one of those 13 NCAA tournaments....

"Prior to that, Vidovich spent 21 seasons coaching at Wake Forest, where he led the team to the 2007 NCAA championship."

Well this sucks. Great hire for Pitt. Should be a challenge to recruit against him.

Not ideal that he's at Pitt but he set us up nicely here, won a title and we seem to have a kickass coach now as well.

I like Muuss more, quite frankly. Time will tell, but I don't believe we took a step back - at all.

It's no slap in the face. Wake is better than Pitt in every way.

I like Muuss more, quite frankly. Time will tell, but I don't believe we took a step back - at all.

It's no slap in the face. Wake is better than Pitt in every way.

Agree totally. Muus is what, like 40 years old? Muus is good and he could be here for a very long time. Our soccer program is absolutely one of the top few college soccer jobs in the country, so the only step up for him is to the pros and if he does good enough for that then we'll be in great shape.

I am and always will be a Vidovich fan, but I'm also in the camp that this has worked out for the better for Wake. Muuss has the energy and personality of a great recruiter, and, if this season is any indication, is a very good technical coach as well. Hope he is at Wake for a long time, and that we are keeping an eye on Jamie Franks just in case.

As others have said, we're in great shape with Muuss, but for Vidovich to return to the ACC so soon is a slap in the face, no doubt. F him.

As others have said, we're in great shape with Muuss, but for Vidovich to return to the ACC so soon is a slap in the face, no doubt. F him.

Lol no. Not a thing you ever say about a coach that won you a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Back