• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell in trouble

Got to see the first TV ads from both candidates today - highly negative and fairly persuasive. None of the three ads (two Dem, one Pub) talked about their candidate.

This one might set a new standard for negative advertising.

McAulliffe is kinda scum.

Coochie is an extremist.

Got to see the first TV ads from both candidates today - highly negative and fairly persuasive. None of the three ads (two Dem, one Pub) talked about their candidate.

This one might set a new standard for negative advertising.

Negative ads depress turnout. That's an advantage to Cooch in VA, especially in an off year election.

Total non story. Campaigns pay for clothes all the time.

the press is always describing Virginia finance laws as "lax" because they allow politicians to take gifts and spend campaign money on personal stuff as long as they disclose it. My question is, why is this bad? It's kind of a litmus test for whether the pol is a decent person. If you are the kind of person who will take campaign money and spend it on Versace bags, or take gifts from big industries who you want to be elected to regulate, great - I now know that I will never vote for you. When you prohibit this stuff, you just end up driving it underground and the snakes find ways to circumvent the rules, because pols and industry are always smarter than regulators. I'd rather just give the bastards enough rope to hang themselves. Seems to me that's exactly what Virginia has done, and McDonnell has tied that rope around his neck.

McDonnell's wife was on the campaign bus in 2012 with Ann Romney and tried to convince her that one of her "favorite playmate's" drugs could cure Ann's MS. In other news, Maureen McDonnell is now the lead suspect in telling Michele Bachmann that the HPV vaccine caused mental retardation in adolescent girls.

What a train wreck: McDonnell rejected a deal and subsequently his kids are forced to testify at the trial about how much cash and gifts they received from their parents' sugar daddy. That guy has trashed both McDonnells. Former Gov will testify, but his wife won't. Bob may avoid getting his salad tossed in the big house, but he's destroyed his relationship with his kid and his professional future.

McDonnell's wife was on the campaign bus in 2012 with Ann Romney and tried to convince her that one of her "favorite playmate's" drugs could cure Ann's MS. In other news, Maureen McDonnell is now the lead suspect in telling Michele Bachmann that the HPV vaccine caused mental retardation in adolescent girls.

What a train wreck: McDonnell rejected a deal and subsequently his kids are forced to testify at the trial about how much cash and gifts they received from their parents' sugar daddy. That guy has trashed both McDonnells. Former Gov will testify, but his wife won't. Bob may avoid getting his salad tossed in the big house, but he's destroyed his relationship with his kid and his professional future.

Trashed is an understatement. But I sorta understand Bob not pleading to a felony because he'd no longer be able to practice law. The funny thing is the feds offered him to plead to 1 felony and they'd let his wife off free. When he refused, he really threw her under the bus, not that she doesn't deserve it. And his professional future was pretty much destroyed before the criminal charges were filed. (BTW, the feds were pretty nice in also not charging him till after he finished his term.) I see a divorce in their future, especially with the testimony at trial that she had a crush on Williams. This whole thing is a bit more sordid than I at 1st thought.

BTW, nice to relive those predictions on this thread from our resident out of state Pubs that Kookinelli was going to win the race here despite the polls.:)

Bet he wishes he had taken that plea deal to the 1 felony count now that he's been found guilty on 11 and her 8. I think that included no time for him. They'll both be pulling some time now. In addition to their future divorce, with the credit card debt and 3 underwater houses, there will also likely be 2 bankruptcies in their future after they get out. While she's just plain bat shite crazy, he was just really sloppy with his quid pro quos and effin' stupid for not disclosing the loans and gifts - that last part was a slam dunk. What juror is gonna belive you forgot you had loans that went into 6 figures?

I didn't vote for him, but he was a pretty good governor. Pat Robertson will be praying for him :)

Bob needs to know that the first day in the joint, he either has to kill somebody or become somebody's girlfriend.

oral.jpg
The "no blowjobs" guy is CRAZY!

He is looking at some serious time. I heard one person say he could get 15 years.

Back