• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Vision" on Wellman/[Redacted]

Sadly, there is only 1.

The other lad is a nice young man and a pleasant "archivist". He is excellent at recieving post- dated information and releasing it in a way that is palatable. This is his job...as a 'chronicler' of events already past.

THE ORACLE is a completely 'other' form of Being who is able to transcend the supra-mundane and repetitive world of simple observation...as if trapped in an enormous echo chamber the basic ego consciousness spends its days watching events unfold and then commenting on it as if the objective were merely to parrot events as they unfold.

THE ORACLE is a Being...It is active and in the consistent "Verb" state of Action preceeded by Intuition and translated into VISION.

It is a force that flies in the night and is "known" by spirits such as Isaac Newton...a man who spent the better part of his life recognizing the limits of human reason operating under finite conditions. It is the realm of the Alchemist.

It is not a common condition among men.

I hope not. Asylum rooms are expensive and my taxes are high enough...

I'm really disappointed that nobody has parlayed their disappointment about Buzz into hilarious YouTube videos. Surely someone can make a parody song that gets millions of hits and embarrasses Wellman into doing something.

Now there's an idea! Any suggestions for what song to put it to?

Oh absolutely WF admits "new students every year" and as with most newbies they are in dire need of a hazing.

As for "internet generation" you don't have a fking clue as to the nature and course of this medium so pack it with your "i'm 18 and I understand shit" and remember Mark Twain's sartori moment when he noted "how smart my old man became between my ages of 18 till 35."

No reason to worry...you will make it from these hazy days when your squash is still 'under cooked'.

I have no idea what that man just said. Neg repped for hurting my brain.

Laughably, and understandably,I have noticed over the last year WF sports has been innundated by a tribe of young people... what I refer to as the "Oxy-Morons". Kids who don't know shit from applesauce and fresh from a visit to the dermatologist. Children who, paradoxically, know nothing of athletics but not uncommon to the age, have an abundance of opinions with which to prove their ignorance.

14 years of posting and this is the greatest post I've ever seen. Truth just pouring out of it. Oxy-morons is the greatest reference. Thanks Lectro or Lectro imposter, whoever you are. Well done sir!!!!

Ohhh, it's the real McCoy alright...ain't but one fuggin' Lectro out here in the ether.

I realize that originals are hard to come by in this cut and paste world of homogeneity...

If a poster is not up the ass of a moderator then he gets "neg reps" ---really, what kind of nonsense is that shit!?

You mean I have to choose between irishslim and Ron Wellman!?

You must be fucking kidding me...

Time for the facial scrub.

Last edited:
Probably has more to do with babbling on that everybody who disagrees with you is an immature idiot.

Just a guess.

Nah, probably has more to do with guys like yourself who actually don't know much about sports and even less about how an athletic department operates. I appreciate that you have an "opinion" though.

This test has been as much for many of you as it has been for Wellman/[Redacted].

Wellman/[Redacted] will not fold. Most of you guys? You have melted faster than a Diachi reactor and now that your spewings are no longer welcome in the main you have turned to taking it underground... contamination has long since set in as many of you have tried to enter the water table.

No fear from the loyal...we know that WELL-MAN will pump the radioactive elements out and restore order. He is a MAN. A MAN of Great Integrity and Vision. You guys...?

Well, you WERE supposed to Stand behind the guy... that was the real test...instead you will find yourselves on the outside looking in...the program will recover and thrive and your crew will be left toting around your tired ass state of "bitterness and disbelief" at the turn of events...

Those words of loyalty mean so much from a converted tarheel fan who told the board that Wake should give up trying to compete in hoops and focus on being a football school just a few years ago.

How again is it that lectro is an "insider"? I'm not asking for a name, just wondering why there were people on DS who valued his opinion.

How again is it that lectro is an "insider"? I'm not asking for a name, just wondering why there were people on DS who valued his opinion.

They believed him because they wanted to believe him. Anybody who posts completely glowing reports will be beloved even if we learn it's not the case. Legitimacy over there was built on how many positive things you could say, not accuracy. We'll see if the same trend holds here. One thing I like about the real Oracle's reports is that he's not afraid to point out who didn't look good in practice.

I think somebody suggested that BSD post longer clips from games instead of just highlights to get a better idea of the overall game of our recruits and prospects. I think that's a great idea. More information will help break the cycle.

They believed him because they wanted to believe him. Anybody who posts completely glowing reports will be beloved even if we learn it's not the case. Legitimacy over there was built on how many positive things you could say, not accuracy. We'll see if the same trend holds here. One thing I like about the real Oracle's reports is that he's not afraid to point out who didn't look good in practice.

I think somebody suggested that BSD post longer clips from games instead of just highlights to get a better idea of the overall game of our recruits and prospects. I think that's a great idea. More information will help break the cycle.

Very good post...I think many times our own experts create too high / unrealistic expectations for our recruits (especially for their freshman year) because they over inflate their positives and ignore or barely mention any negatives or areas that need improvement. I agree that it isn't fair or smart for us to blast our recruits or how players look in practice, but at the same time it isn't fair to the players for our "experts" or "insiders" to create unrealistic expectations either...

Exactly. I just want to see the people who see our recruits play to give a honest open analysis of their game. That's not blasting a kid.

No way that's Lectro, because this new "Lectro" posts stuff that is actually moderately coherent. The old Lectro might as well have been Wake's version of Roboheel.

Closer to the truth would be to say guys like Ph practice a form of "reason and objectivity" wherein all you can use is data from previous decades -- trapped in the amber of yesterdays losses. They almost can't stand being upbeat because such a feeling runs counter to the years of "practiced malaise" ( if you will allow?). This was moreso the dominant attitude when I began in late 1999-2000. Who could blame the die hard deacon for having ingrained a degree of sado-masochism!?

Lectro was a creation to bring heat to the football fanbase -- agree or,better still,disagree and we were able to bring a sizable bit of friction to the boards.Deacon Football was desperate for emotional stirring. The original idea was never to aimlessly tout a prospect at WF but to let fans know that the talent at Wake was rising and that these were kids you could believe in. Aimless positivism or the practice of what Dean Hood visualized as "Believing is Seeing"? As an old scout I too was able to see what the coaches were assembling and you could sense that they really knew how to win at Wake. In turn a Stone Cold Disciple was born and that is exactly what ol' Lec has been for Grobe and Wellman.

In the final analysis there is simply so much more to be positive about than to constantly harp on the struggles.

Tell me, really, how much time do you spend with people who can only point at problems? You know the answer and you also know damn well that you won't spend five minutes with an overly critical asshole... and on that we can agree.

When you began what in 1999-2000?

Who is "we"? Are there multiple lectros?

Closer to the truth would be to say guys like Ph practice a form of "reason and objectivity" wherein all you can use is data from previous decades -- trapped in the amber of yesterdays losses. They almost can't stand being upbeat because such a feeling runs counter to the years of "practiced malaise" ( if you will allow?). This was moreso the dominant attitude when I began in late 1999-2000. Who could blame the die hard deacon for having ingrained a degree of sado-masochism!?

Lectro was a creation to bring heat to the football fanbase -- agree or,better still,disagree and we were able to bring a sizable bit of friction to the boards.Deacon Football was desperate for emotional stirring. The original idea was never to aimlessly tout a prospect at WF but to let fans know that the talent at Wake was rising and that these were kids you could believe in. Aimless positivism or the practice of what Dean Hood visualized as "Believing is Seeing"? As an old scout I too was able to see what the coaches were assembling and you could sense that they really knew how to win at Wake. In turn a Stone Cold Disciple was born and that is exactly what ol' Lec has been for Grobe and Wellman.

In the final analysis there is simply so much more to be positive about than to constantly harp on the struggles.

Tell me, really, how much time do you spend with people who can only point at problems? You know the answer and you also know damn well that you won't spend five minutes with an overly critical asshole... and on that we can agree.

Which means that I have spent too long reading your posts...:werd:

Back