• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Visiting Clemson for Wake/Clemson Game

wake20

Reaction score
Looking for info on where to stay in Clemson for the Wake/Clemson game. It looks like there aren't many hotels in Clemson and the only one under $265/night got terrible reviews, but I know nothing about the area. Are there places to stay outside the university area that are close enough? Any tips would help. Thanks.

Either stay in Greenville or get a really shitty hotel in Clemson if you aren't going to be there long. I did the latter last time.

Stay in downtown greenville. It is one of the best small cities in the country with an amazing downtown that Winston needs to emulate

Always enjoy staying in Clemson for the college town football weekend experience....Downtown Greenville is awesome though...

Pro tip - save your money by not going at all. Every time I've been to a game there we've gotten slaughtered and it was miserable.

Pro tip - save your money by not going at all. Every time I've been to a game there we've gotten slaughtered and it was miserable.

The one upside of going to Clemson is that you appreciate the relative civility of the Groves crowd and you experience an epiphany for the value of soap and bathing.

Last time I went to the Clemson wake game was when Leak got his leg destroyed and we got smoke by about 50. Oh and also spent most of the day with my ex girlfriend (Clemson student) and girlfriend (wake student). #Awkwardmoments

Fun times indeed

Back