• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vizio M-Series LEDs

AlphaDeac

Reaction score
Anyone have good or bad experiences with these? I'm looking at a new 60" and this brand seems a good balance of price and quality. Don't want a plasma and can't afford the new Sony with the Triluminous feature.

I don't have personal experience with Vizio, but I do recall their products being regarded as hit-or-miss based on the exhaustive research I did during my search for a TV. Some folks loved them, some folks said their TVs died after a year or two. Consider looking at avs forum to see if anyone has posted anything there about the model you're interested in.

Also may want to check cnet for other opines on Vizio...

I have a 42" Vizio LED that's like 6 years old and still works just fine. Haven't had any issues with it.

I have a big Vizio that's almost 6 years old and it just started turning black on one side until it warms up then its fine. Until now no issues and I loved it great picture. plus we moved it a long way do no complaints. probs gonna get another one when this one craps out, made in USA good value I think? who knows. I want a Huger tv next time evn thought this ne big get bigger

I have a 22 inch vizio that I use as a part tv/part computer monitor - it works great - it has wi-fi built in, so I use it to stream pandora or spotify when the computer is not on and it has lots of downloadable apps, if you are into that. Have had it for 4 years with no issues.

I have two LCD Vizio's that are 6/7 years old and have had zero issues with them.

I have a 42" Vizio LED that's like 6 years old and still works just fine. Haven't had any issues with it.

Same story for me...not sure about the new ones. My parents have one that's a little over a year old and is very nice.

Just got a new 50" vizeo smart tv. Not sure if it is the M series though. It is an incredible value but definitely isn't up to par with top LED tvs. Once i did some tinkering with the settings though, i became quite content with a 50" hd set for just under $700.

Thanks for the feedback. I had checked cnet and they like the M-series. I didn't know about avs forum, but there's lots of good information on there about settings, etc. Most of those folks seem to like their Vizio, so that's probably the way I'm going.

Back