• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VOTE AGAINST

Because you evil dogmatic religious republicans stifle all freedom by imposing your beliefs on everyone else...we are all strangling under the heavy burden the despicable religious republicans have imposed on us-i'm surprised we're even allowed to surf the web on Sunday mornings...

Heres mine. People who want to ban a symbolic act between 2 people that harms NO ONE.

So if the majority of voters vote for in a county it is a backward place. If the majority vote against it is not a backward county. Is that what you mean?

Civil rights should never be voted on by the public. Had the same thing been said in the 60s, there wouldn't have been Voters Rights, housing rights or other such bills until at least the 80s.

Republicans get hit hard for their "backward" views on this issue. How about Democratic evangelicals? Other than the Charlotte article I don't see them mentioned. Why don't you guys call them names?

Wrangor and others... what is the basis for your belief that homosexuality is immoral? If it is a biblical basis... why choose to make that part of the Bible part of your belief and ignore some of the draconian stuff about slavery, women's roles, diet, clothing, etc.?

Wrangor and others... what is the basis for your belief that homosexuality is immoral? If it is a biblical basis... why choose to make that part of the Bible part of your belief and ignore some of the draconian stuff about slavery, women's roles, diet, clothing, etc.?

or in my opinion, the overarching theme of love?

Republicans get hit hard for their "backward" views on this issue. How about Democratic evangelicals? Other than the Charlotte article I don't see them mentioned. Why don't you guys call them names?

Please someone answer.

The thing that really gets me here is that a TRUE conservative would absolutely abhor this bill. I call myself an independent but gun to my head would probably identify as a Republican, but the government can lick my balls if they think they're going to tell me what to do in my own home.

Nice to see that Pat McCrory is keeping up his empty-suit approach and supporting Amendment One. I guess it would be hard to actually, you know, say what you believe on an issue.

The thing that really gets me here is that a TRUE conservative would absolutely abhor this bill. I call myself an independent but gun to my head would probably identify as a Republican, but the government can lick my balls if they think they're going to tell me what to do in my own home.

Republican doesn't mean what it used to. The real conservatives are turning into Libertarians and leaving the Republican party to the social conservative wackos.

So you are going to vote against?

I'm not a NC voter but I would absolutely vote against this.

If you had a good understanding of the Bible you would understand there is a large difference in the different topics you mentioned. As briefly as possible without citing any sources (just my thoughts on the subject).

1. Women's roles - The Bible was incredibly progressive for its time. During Biblical times women weren't even allowed to testify in court, they were seen as less than human in some respects. The Bible elevates them during that time period not demotes them. It was women who first found Jesus resurrected...same can be said for children. The Bible did not marginalize the weak it elevated them. Comparing a historical document written during its time period to 21st century women's rights is unfair and unwise. The Bible teaches a husband to lay down his life (literally sacrifice everything) for the good of his wife. So this concept of the Bible having a demeaning stance on women is simply uneducated blather.

2. Slavery - again, you are basing your opinion on false pretenses. The Bible is a historical document as much as anything. There were slaves during that time, and to be honest, many slaves in that area were much different than the slave trade era of civilization. Many slaves put themselves into bondage to pay off a debt. Instead of declaring bankruptcy you could sell yourself for 7 years to your lender and pay off your debt. The Bible teaches that when the debt was paid that the lender was required not only to free you (as one might expect) but also to set you up with a way to provide yourself. The Bible was not a political agenda so it didn't seek solve a 19th century problem. What it did was address the issue of slavery during the time period. It taught the owners to treat their slaves like family (which seemed ridiculous at the time) and it taught slaves to work as though for the glory of God. When people read the word 'slave' in the Bible they imagine GLORY but that is not an informed opinion. The Bible addressed the needs of its time. The principles stand for eternity, but it is a mistake to misapply the individual situations.

3. Diet and Clothing - This is a short one. That was social law of the Old Testament. Its original intent was to protect the nation of Israel and set them apart from other cultures. Jesus REDEEMED the Law with his birth, death, and resurrection. He lived the perfect life so that we do not have to. Our path to freedom is now out of love for Christ we do the things he commanded. Which leads us to homosexuality.

4. Homosexuality - Bible is very clear in the Old and New Testament about homosexuality. If the Bible only mentioned it in the Old Testament along with the social law you might have some footing, but it was clearly commanded as sin (anti-God's purpose) throughout the Bible. For some reason people equate sinful things to be only those things that hurt other people. This is not what sin is. Sin is anything that is against God's will. I could get into a long reason but I am trying to brief. In essence my belief is that God created earth, along with a proper/intended order of things. Homosexuality goes against that, and it is proven to me by the simple result of a self enclosed homosexual relationship. In that scenario, with no outside interruption/sickness/injury the life of the family dies because there is no procreation or continuance of life. I could go into specific texts in both the OT and NT that are the true biblical basis of my belief, but in all honesty that doesn't hold any water to you, so there is no reason to beat a dead horse.

I hope you were asking an honest question, and I hope I have give you sufficient evidence for a well thought opinion. I don't expect you to agree, but I get bored with the idea that a Christian who is opposed to homosexual relationships has that opinion simply because he/she has been brainwashed. Topics such as these take much thought and discussion, and I have given it that. My conviction is based on faith in Jesus and the Bible (I understand that), but the opposing view is based on faith as well (normally faith in oneself to discern the universe, which to me is a bigger leap than asking an omnipotent God to discern the universe).

Hope that helps.

Edited to reinforce....I would vote against this bill because the bill would be a practical nightmare. There are much better ways to convince people of your side than to deliberately sabotage someone's life. Just my opinion. I need to keep reading more into the bill, but that is my initial thought with the information that I have. My intent is not to make life miserable for homosexuals. You convince people of your point with love, wisdom, and action...usually in some sort of personal relationship built on trust....and almost never through a message board :)

Last edited:
Back