• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT AD proposes ACC-SEC scheduling agreement

have to sign i to read that article, care to summarize it?

Hit stop on your browser after it uploads and the blocking pop up will not show up.

Virginia Tech-Tennessee, North Carolina State-Auburn, Virginia-Ole Miss (who would John Grisham root for there?), Wake Forest-Vanderbilt are matchups that probably would sell.

Yeah, that WF-VU series would be a real barnburner if anyone ever got that together. Sounds like a tough ticket.

Dude doesn't know that Wake and Vandy already play every year.

From how I understand it, we don't have to play Vandy every year. They haven't decided the format yet, but one of the suggestions I heard was similar to the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. I don't know about you guys, but I'd be excited to see Wake play a team like Tennessee or Florida at home every couple of years.

I work in the Athletic Department at Tennessee... I would love to see the Deacs come to Neyland and kick ass. These people talk a lot of shit about the ACC. It's very common to hear "The SEC is far better at basketball. We have Kentucky and Florida!" It usually puts me in a state of rage.

How can it put you in a state of rage. The SEC has been kicking butt for years in football and for the last decade, Florida & Kentucky run rampant on the national scene in basketball. All the ACC has year in and year out is Duke & UNC-Ch in basketball. We have nothing to talk about in either football nor basketball as of late. The ACC has won only 2 of 13 BCS games for gosh darn sakes. Things don't look to pick up for us this year unless FSU can sneak in with some remarkable football season.

How can it put you in a state of rage. The SEC has been kicking butt for years in football and for the last decade, Florida & Kentucky run rampant on the national scene in basketball. All the ACC has year in and year out is Duke & UNC-Ch in basketball. We have nothing to talk about in either football nor basketball as of late. The ACC has won only 2 of 13 BCS games for gosh darn sakes. Things don't look to pick up for us this year unless FSU can sneak in with some remarkable football season.

TheReff showing his excellent knowledge of sports once again!!!!1111111

I argue nothing about football. The SEC would kick our ass every year. The ACC is superior in basketball. Top to bottom, come on.

Are you saying that their football teams can beat us in basketball? That’s probably true.

Other than Vandy and maybe the two Mississippi schools, there is no one in the SEC we are remotely competitive with on a year-in, year-out basis.

But that only means we're average in the ACC. The disparity in football between the SEC and ACC is as wide now as it was in the 1960s.

Other than Vandy and maybe the two Mississippi schools, there is no one in the SEC we are remotely competitive with on a year-in, year-out basis.

But that only means we're average in the ACC. The disparity in football between the SEC and ACC is as wide now as it was in the 1960s.

Throw in Kentucky and in recent years Tennessee as teams we're competitive with, but totally agree with the overall premise of your post. SEC is light years ahead of the ACC and easily the best football conference in the country...

Guys I was just assuming the Reff was talking about Women's bball cause that's the game he knows more about. And he's right the Lady Vols are a national powerhouse, they would kick our ass.

Guys I was just assuming the Reff was talking about Women's bball cause that's the game he knows more about. And he's right the Lady Vols are a national powerhouse, they would kick our ass.

Used to know more about womens basketball when I reffed it at the ACC & Atlantic 10 level from 1989 to 2005. Now I just know that UNC-Ch & Duke are on the level of KY & Florida in mens basketball. That is all that we got and all that they got. There is not much else in basketball on a consistent national level for either conference. And both have won national titles in the past 10 years with those 4 teams so it is hard to say either conference is stronger than the other.

The bottom of the ACC has been about as weak of late with Wake, BC, VT, MD, UVa, Clem, GT & Miami as it has ever been. Long gone are the days when legendary coaches like Tacy, Smith, K, Holland, Driesell & Valvano roamed the sidelines.

And ACC football....fogettaboutit. We are just plain terrible and don't belong in the same paragraph with the SEC. We probably won't even get in the discussion in 2014 when they bring up the 4 teams that get into the playoffs for the national title. We are the 5th place conference and the SEC will probably get 2 teams anyway.

has south carolina gone to a bcs bowl? have they won a SEC title? how many legitimate games have you reffed?

hint: answer is the same for all of them

Back