• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT - Arkansas Belk Bowl

HONDO2

Reaction score
What an incredible, crazy game. First half Ark manhandled Hokies. Second half appeared Hokies made major adjustments plus Ark just imploded. Bret Bienema is a jerk but I trust you all knew that. He was a statue on the sideline whole 2nd half. Was said by ESPN this was the largest deficit come-from-behind W in VT history....down 0-24....win 35-24 !

Oh and an Ark kid was suspended from the Belk Bowl for shoplifting a pair of socks the day prior from....ya ready for this ?....from the local Belk department store !! File under You Can't Make This Stuff Up

:rofl:

What an incredible, crazy game. First half Ark manhandled Hokies. Second half appeared Hokies made major adjustments plus Ark just imploded. Bret Bienema is a jerk but I trust you all knew that. He was a statue on the sideline whole 2nd half. Was said by ESPN this was the largest deficit come-from-behind W in VT history....down 0-24....win 35-24 !

Oh and an Ark kid was suspended from the Belk Bowl for shoplifting a pair of socks the day prior from....ya ready for this ?....from the local Belk department store !! File under You Can't Make This Stuff Up

:rofl:

Even crazier is that each player received a gift certificate to any Belk store (I think I heard $300+).

Basically Bielema pulled a Danny Manning in the second half.

Evans shows the potential belonging to a big QB. He has a strong arm and trying to tackle him is a stiff challenge. That's why I hope Newman develops quickly. While he is not as big as Evans, he is the closest thing we have had in a long time.

Must be miserable to be an Arkansas fan today!

Evans definitely looks the part. I was impressed by his ability to change velocities on his throws as needed. Gives off a strong leadership vibe too.

Evans definitely looks the part. I was impressed by his ability to change velocities on his throws as needed. Gives off a strong leadership vibe too.

Agree, he has touch on short passes which is unusual for a younger QB.

Was in the suite with half Arkansas fans (my brother in law went there so had some buddies come in) and half VaTech fans. Complete turnaround at halftime, it was amazing.

And it was, by far, the worst officiated game I have ever seen at any level. On multiple occasions the refs had to conference to figure out what should be called, and every time it was incorrect. And, I have never seen this before, but they made one call on a punt/fumble, and then Beilema screamed at the ref for probably 4 minutes while the game was stopped and the ref came back out and reversed his own call, to the wrong call! It was completely absurd. None of those refs should ever work another college game.

Back