• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wahoos

bcobbdeacs

Reaction score
Let me know if any of this seems right, here is a team that displays the true sense of team play, everyone understands their roles, they don't make bad or forced passes, rarely panic deep in the shot clock, defend and play great team defense, block out and rebound like crazy, take the ball to the glass with strength and authority, spot up at the 3 point line and then make the shot when needed and don't go all emotional over bad calls.

Does any of this seem to have been shown by our team in the last 4 years?

Congrats to them. Has been a great season for UVA, and no reason it can't continue in the big dance.

They won with class. I dislike K more and more each year. He is a HOF coach, but he's reduced himself to a whining old fuck who is constantly in the ref's ear. And his players have no sportsmanship whatsoever. Congrats to UVA. I would bring Bennett to WF in a heartbeat!

In the pre-2010 history of the ACC, only once was the ACC championship won by a team outside of North Carolina in consecutive years (Maryland in 84, GT in 85). The past three have been won by non-NC teams. Point is, this is no two horse conference.

wfusportsanalytics.com: Is the only difference between Tony Bennett and Jeff [Redacted] their wardrobe?

remember - they were worse than us four years ago. But they have progressed.

I think the thing that ticks me off the most about Duke these days is the Redick-style leg kickout on the three point attempt to try and draw cheap fouls. I was glad Sulaimon got T'ed up for complaining about the (correct) no call.

I think the thing that ticks me off the most about Duke these days is the Redick-style leg kickout on the three point attempt to try and draw cheap fouls. I was glad Sulaimon got T'ed up for complaining about the (correct) no call.

A lot of guys do this now, especially end game when behind. The key is to NOT call it when it is outside the normal range of body motion. Kind of like the way Picks have been set wider & wider over the years. They are supposed to be set to the width of the shoulders, BUT the feet keep getting wider AND the players then move to create contact with nothing called. Finally this year the buzzword has been freedom of movement and more fouls have been called.

The next few years you will see the reigning in of coaches, like the "T" on Coach K today, not for yelling at an official but for unsportsmanlike conduct. You will see more & more of this contact called until the game is played like the NBA.

Meanwhile, TDD has a 12 page thread on how Duke was screwed by the officiating today.

Back