• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

wait a second! You are telling me that Bernie Sanders is Jewish!!???

All Is Well Deac

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I am just catching up on this whole email scandal and I read somewhere that the DNC wanted to make Bernie's jewish faith an issue?

when did the democratic party start with the recrution of the jewish?

you are telling me this man is jewish?

dem-2016-sanders.jpeg28-1280x960.jpg

time to vote for trump

dirty democrats

Google "atheists less trusted than rapists". They thought Bernie might secretly be an atheist and wanted to use that against him.

still wondering what statement you wanted atheists to make.

are they supposed to be indignant or bummed they might have had one of their own running for president?

still wondering what statement you wanted atheists to make.

are they supposed to be indignant or bummed they might have had one of their own running for president?

If the DNC cooked up a plan to use someone's Catholicism against them don't you think Catholics (or any decent person really) would rightfully be appalled? But apparently it's fine to you and all the other atheist Hillary supporters that the DNC were willing to use Bernie's alleged (absence of) faith against him. If any of you are upset, I haven't seen you mention it.

If the DNC cooked up a plan to use someone's Catholicism against them don't you think Catholics (or any decent person really) would rightfully be appalled? But apparently it's fine to you and all the other atheist Hillary supporters that the DNC were willing to use Bernie's alleged (absence of) faith against him. If any of you are upset, I haven't seen you mention it.

i don't know about Catholics but religious people get offended about all sorts of bullshit stuff so I'm sure they would.

I'd be more upset to find out he didn't tout his atheism.

I still think we're more likely to have a gay POTUS before we have an openly atheist/non-theist POTUS.

i don't know about Catholics but religious people get offended about all sorts of bullshit stuff so I'm sure they would.

I'd be more upset to find out he didn't tout his atheism.

So you think it's "bullshit" if people are offended by political operatives resorting to bigotry to try and gain "several points"? What if someone was rumored to be a homosexual. Is their rumored homosexuality also fair game to use against them? And given how poorly atheists are viewed by a large segment of the population (look up "atheists less trusted than rapists"), it would most likely be political suicide for a politician to make a big deal about being an atheist. I'm sure there have been some, but on a national level I imagine most have tried to keep it on the down low.

So you think it's "bullshit" if people are offended by political operatives resorting to bigotry to try and gain "several points"? What if someone was rumored to be a homosexual. Is their rumored homosexuality also fair game to use against them? And given how poorly atheists are viewed by a large segment of the population (look up "atheists less trusted than rapists"), it would most likely be political suicide for a politician to make a big deal about being an atheist. I'm sure there have been some, but on a national level I imagine most have tried to keep it on the down low.

sexual orientation isn't a religion nor a 'belief' so i think we can agree that would actually be bigotry, right? If sanders is an atheist then I think he's a huge pussy

not that anyone is expected to keep track of such things but I've tried to make it clear that i'm pretty pragmatic about politics so, from a high level, I'm not particularly offended when politicians act like politicians.

sexual orientation isn't a religion nor a 'belief' so i think we can agree that would actually be bigotry, right? If sanders is an atheist then I think he's a huge pussy

not that anyone is expected to keep track of such things but I've tried to make it clear that i'm pretty pragmatic about politics so, from a high level, I'm not particularly offended when politicians act like politicians.

You don't think bigotry can exist in relation to atheism, Catholicism, etc? If so, you would be wrong. Amusing, though not unexpected, that your anger is directed towards Bernie instead of the smear merchants at the DNC.

You don't think bigotry can exist in relation to atheism, Catholicism, etc? If so, you would be wrong. Amusing, though not unexpected, that your anger is directed towards Bernie instead of the smear merchants at the DNC.

meh, you're amused by really dumb stuff.

i think religious people can be super bigoted towards other religious beliefs. definitely.

i don't really care about Bernie's failure to withstand the political process, no. if he couldn't defeat Crooked Hillary and the big bad DNC, he stood no chance against Trump. so I suppose I am more angry with him, angry for not being better. Kind of like being angry at at the taxi industry for not being lazy and not better than Uber.

Outside of Orthodox Jews, what percentage of self-identifying Jews would you say actually go to temple on a semi-regular basis? It doesn't make one an atheist, but I've always found it to be odd. "Jew" is as much an identity as it is a religion, at least in the US.

Back