• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +3.5 - 4

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Depends on where you look. Almost unbelievable that we can be dogs in NC during the ACCT to ND.

Wake's the higher seed and a 4 point dog to ND.

Only Bzzz could find a way to be a dog to the lower seeded ACCT team.

ge9e8ary.jpg

Chris "wake forest" Nelson awaits his farewell party for [Redacted].

Depends on where you look. Almost unbelievable that we can be dogs in NC during the ACCT to ND.
We aren't playing in the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Simple reason.

The game will be close. I like taking the points.

I hope you are wrong, Pilchard... I put a boatload on ND -4.

Figured it may be the last time I can bet against [Redacted]. Ironically, betting against the guy over the last few years has allowed me to dramatically upgrade the room in which I watch Wake Forest Basketball. I should call it "The house that Jeff built" or something like that.

I know I need to look at ND, and not just the Wake side of things... but there are a few "trends" in my favor:
1) Our ACC Tourney (lack of) success over the last decade (plus)
2) [Redacted]
3) [Redacted] not at home
4) Our tendancy to play horrible against teams we beat the first time around (UNC, NCSU)
I'm sure I am missing a number of others...

The only time Buzz has beaten an ACC team twice in the same season is BC in 2012. I like ND -4.

After today, Brey, in his first ACCT appearance, will have won more ACCT games than Bzzz!

I hope you are wrong, Pilchard... I put a boatload on ND -4.

Figured it may be the last time I can bet against [Redacted]. Ironically, betting against the guy over the last few years has allowed me to dramatically upgrade the room in which I watch Wake Forest Basketball. I should call it "The house that Jeff built" or something like that.

I know I need to look at ND, and not just the Wake side of things... but there are a few "trends" in my favor:
1) Our ACC Tourney (lack of) success over the last decade (plus)
2) [Redacted]
3) [Redacted] not at home
4) Our tendancy to play horrible against teams we beat the first time around (UNC, NCSU)
I'm sure I am missing a number of others...

This is a game between two teams having awful seasons; so, there are no locks, and betting against Bz is hard to argue against.

There are some bad stats on the ND side:

- They have not won a game by more than 4 points (the line) since beating VT on January 19. In fact that win over VT is ND's only ACC win by more than 4 points this year.
- ND is 1-5 ATS over their last 6.
- ND has not covered as a favorite since December 1, 2013 (yes, since December 1).

OTOH, ND appears to be playing a little better in its last two games: a two point loss at UNC and an OT loss to Pitt.

The fact is that both these teams suck, and typically in that situation, I like the points as whomever gets the lead usually finds a way to piss it away.

With all that analysis, would not be the least bit surprised to see WF go through the motions and ND to win and cover.

Another thing to consider is that this is the first year of putting the truly bad teams together to play a round of games to determine who gets to play the slightly less bad teams (or decent teams in some cases) tomorrow. So Wake has the ability to play a game versus another truly bad team today unlike in past tournaments where they'd have to play against a competent team.

Wasn't Devin nursing some injury earlier this week? Is he OK? (Did I dream this?)

The fact is that both these teams suck, and typically in that situation, I like the points as whomever gets the lead usually finds a way to piss it away.

Agreed. Played out like that when we lost (at home) to BC and Georgia Tech. In head-to-head matchups against terrible teams, our shitiness, for whatever reason, seems to trump their shitiness. The VT road win would be the exception, I guess... but that seems like years ago now.

Back