• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +4.5 @ UVA

I watched UVa and Maryland for a good while yesterday. I don't know what made me more angry--the fact that we lost to that terrible Maryland team, or the fact that we're going to lose to a terrible Virginia team.

Maryland's D is at least pretty decent, and Diggs is a talent. The other three don't really have anything to write home about

The following is the full list of Big Six conference teams that we'd be favored over on a neutral field tomorrow, according to Sagarin's predictor:

Colorado

Kentucky is one spot ahead of us and would be a pick'em.

I don't think we're quite that bad, but if the argument you're trying to make is that you're not really the second worst major conference program even though the computers say you are, you have major problems.

The Liberty game kills us in the computers. Barely beating the 160 team destroys our win over the 22 team.

The Liberty game kills us in the computers. Barely beating the 160 team destroys our win over the 22 team.

Sadly, the win over the #22 team looks like the anomaly at this point.

UVA, Maryland, BC, and Wake are all bad.

This. And yes, Md's D is solid, but their OL is woeful.

I'm a bit optimistic about next week. We had a bye, and UVA looks like a team with no confidence right now. Both their QBs are TO prone, their OL is nowhere near as good as it looks on paper, and their WRs are terrible. Defense is average at best and doesn't produce a lot of TOs. I think they have 1 of the worst TO ratios in college. If we had Camp, I'd predict we'd win outright, but it'll be much tougher without him. The key will be mixing up coverages to try to confuse whoever is playing QB and get 2-3 picks.

Apparently ESPN has faith in y'all:

Discover Orange Bowl, Jan. 1:Florida State
Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31:Clemson
Russell Athletic Bowl, Dec. 28:Virginia Tech
Hyundai Sun Bowl, Dec. 31:NC State
Belk Bowl, Dec. 27:Maryland
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 31: Miami
Advocare V100 Independence Bowl, Dec. 28:Duke
Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman, Dec. 28: Wake Forest

This is the kind of situation where we surprise people (a la FSU this year).

We're going to "surprise people" by beating a shitty UVA team that might just be shittier than us? If no one is watching or cares, can you really surprise them anyway?

We're going to "surprise people" by beating a shitty UVA team that might just be shittier than us? If no one is watching or cares, can you really surprise them anyway?

I don't care what people call it, I just want to see a win Saturday in Charlottesville!!!

There will be no surprises against UVA. They will beat us like a rented mule. After my season prediction comes true, when I say, "Who's da mastah?" you say, "OLD GOLD!" And I'm not talking about "The Beard" of the board.

There will be no surprises against UVA. They will beat us like a rented mule. After my season prediction comes true, when I say, "Who's da mastah?" you say, "OLD GOLD!" And I'm not talking about "The Beard" of the board.

Love the "Last Dragon" quotes, did you see where the star of the movie died last week? Oh yeah, "kiss my converse" douche.

Do not forget Duke as they really might not get their sixth win to go to a bowl.

Duke not getting a 6th win doesn't make them bad with the schedule they have left.

We're a bad team defensively, bad o-line, poor special teams (especially field goal kicking), and mediocre receivers. I am not surprised we're not favored against UVA.

Duke not getting a 6th win doesn't make them bad with the schedule they have left.

We're a bad team defensively, bad o-line, poor special teams (especially field goal kicking), and mediocre receivers. I am not surprised we're not favored against UVA.

I really think Duke will get that 6th win. Ga. Tech is not very good, Miami is beatable, UNC is beatable. Duke is not bad, definitely their best team in years and years, I think they just woke the Hokies up Saturday.

Back