• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +7 @ Gtech 3:00

do the loser jacket fans still whine about 600 nonexistent traveling calls per game in the new arena, or has this changed as well?

I don't want Thomas to be trying to do too much. If we can keep Harris and Thomas in the game I think we'll be alright. It is always tough for freshmen on the road. They tend to get shell-shocked if things go poorly early, and if things go well early they tend to lose focus. I think we'll do fine.

I tried unsuccessfully to find stats of Wake/Tech ATL games. I wonder how many times in the post-Duncan era we have won in ATL?

Tech's ACC stats are an abomination pretty much across the board, but I don't know how much we can really read into them given their conference schedule thus far. Then again, 36% from the floor and 27.5% from 3 (both dead last in conference) suck regardless of who you're playing. A -12.6 scoring margin (!) ain't too pretty, either, especially given that the second-worst team in that regard (VT) is "only" at -8.8.

I think that I would take GT and lay the points. Oddly though, I think that the best bet as far as odds vs. profit would be Wake to win. I think this is either a game where a team that has some recent success has a hard time handling it on the road and we are out of it early, or, they come in and play with GT straight up and talent wise, it is a toss up IMO.

It was. I was there.

Never feel good about playing @GT.....hope we can pull this one out. I REALLY hope we can just run um out of the gym. Blow someone out for once DEACS!

I thought they just renovated the old one as well. They replaced everything but the roof? What was so sentimental about the roof?

The roof and the supporting beams were still perfectly structurally sound, and the funky sunken look with the nipple on top is something people liked. There was no reason to change the footprint of the arena, or to replace that roof ... so they stuck with it.

Some info about the McCamish Pavilion: http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...orgia-tech-set-to-open-mccamish.html?page=all

Back