• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake +7 O/U 147

It's pathetic that there is a segment of Wake fans that actually want Wake to lose thinking that it will an imapct on whether [Redacted] will return.

I'm not actively rooting against Wake, though I believe losing now hastens winning later...but it seems far more pathetic to me that Wake losing doesn't have an impact on [Redacted]'s job. If that's true (and many indicators point to it being so), we're screwed for years and years to come. Shouldn't losing have an impact on [Redacted]'s job? It doesn't seem pathetic for someone to assume as much.

Sad place when the majority of us are pulling for State over seeing Bzzz keeping his job.

Don't quote Marquee.... He's never had an intelligent/non-sarcastic statement ever on this board....EVER! No one cares who he cheers for. He's not funny, witty, intelligent, etc...

Don't quote Marquee.... He's never had an intelligent/non-sarcastic statement ever on this board....EVER! No one cares who he cheers for. He's not funny, witty, intelligent, etc...

Shouldn't you be serving as lookout for Sandusky?

They've been pretty meh in ACC play aside from their (admittedly impressive) win vs. Duke. A 1-point loss @ MD, a 4-point win vs. Clemson, a 5-point win @ BC, and a home win vs. GT in which they won by 13 but were tied 55-55 with about 7 minutes left.

The closest analogue to tonight's game appears to be their win @ BC. They beat BC by only 5 despite shooting 48%, only turning the ball over 7 times, only outrebounding BC by 2, and where BC shot 41% overall and 31% from 3.

Granted I think BC is a better matchup against State than we are -- mostly, if not entirely because of Anderson -- but I don't think 7 is a crazy-low spread. In any event, I predict we'll lose by more than that simply because we appear to be really good at not making FTs (BC made 24 vs. State) and getting our shot blocked (State only blocked 2 of BC's shots, a number we'll likely top by the first TV time-out).

Nothing to argue with in this post. However, just for the hell of it, I decided to look up State's past ACC results. Last year they squeaked by Maryland at home (79-74), lost at home to Georgia Tech(! 82-71), and then crunched us 76-40 in conference game #3. They finished with a 9-7 record in the ACC, with their margin of victory being 36, 14 (BC at home), 12 (@VPI), 11, 9, 5, 5, 5, and 4. The year before, they went 5-11 in the ACC, with their margin of victory being 25, 21, 8, 5, and 2. Thus, while the line makes sense and it wouldn't surprise me to see a close game, I'm not sure how much bearing State's ACC results are going to have on this one.

From the AP write-up:

"North Carolina State (15-3, 4-1 ACC) has won the last five meetings by an average of 21.4 points. The Wolfpack have taken the last two games at Wake Forest (9-8, 2-3) by a total of 61 points, with last season's 76-40 rout nearly surpassing a 112-72 victory over Clemson in 1954 as their most lopsided ACC road win in school history."

From the AP write-up:

"North Carolina State (15-3, 4-1 ACC) has won the last five meetings by an average of 21.4 points. The Wolfpack have taken the last two games at Wake Forest (9-8, 2-3) by a total of 61 points, with last season's 76-40 rout nearly surpassing a 112-72 victory over Clemson in 1954 as their most lopsided ACC road win in school history."

Don't worry Bz, you've got a chance tonight to grab this record and preserve your place in history!

Back