• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake AD Social Media engagement

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
Props to whomever is coordinating social media for wake forest sports. It is like night and day from a couple of years ago

Last edited:
Agreed, phenomenal job with the video clips, highlight reel films and general social presence.

Currie's SID >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wellman's

Couldn't agree more. It's like moving from the myspace era to the tiktok era.

It's not only very good quality but also very timely. It certainly helps connect with a broader fanbase and the community.

Same SIDs who didn't allow the player who scored 36 points to talk to media last night?

Same SIDs who didn't allow the player who scored 36 points to talk to media last night?

Why do you keep complaining about this? Alondes is going to be the best player in 85% of games, he doesn't always need to be trotted out there.

Why do you keep complaining about this? Alondes is going to be the best player in 85% of games, he doesn't always need to be trotted out there.

Because it's asinine that we don't get to talk to a player who scored 36 points in a game.

If he scores 18 and they win by 20-plus, whatever.

When he takes over the game and scores the most points of any WF player in 15 years ... he should be interviewed.

sure but in fairness these are college-aged kids and not professional athletes

And he did the press conference after the previous game. They probably want to spread around who does them.

Have to agree, Man Man took over the game and won it for us. Makes sense to have him post game, regardless of how often he's been there.

And he did the press conference after the previous game. They probably want to spread around who does them.

... when he had a triple-double, yes, would've been just as bad a look.

I'm sure I've overstepped and I'll go back to seething internally about how frustrating it is to have access restricted so tightly.

Remember that scene from Miracle when the reporter asks Herb Brooks if he's trying to keep the spotlight on him or something? These last few posts remind me of that for some reason.

That's all well and good, but it seems like a poor media strategy to not let your top story get as much run in the press as possible. If your goal is to maximize your team's exposure, you make sure the people who will consume the content get to hear more about what they're likely most interested in. If you succeed at maximizing overall exposure, and your team continues to play well,
you will likely create a rising level of exposure for all.

Caveat here is if the player doesn't want to talk to the press or you have some reason to believe his continued performance might be hampered by too many media obligations, but unless there's been an in-game injury or something like that that needs treatment, spending a few minutes talking after the game doesn't seem likely to cause a problem.

I thought the press conference was entertaining and enjoyed seeing the second stringers and Mucius. I think Forbes wants to share the spotlight (and have a little fun) which is great especially for the guys who never get in front of the camera. Great to hear Mucius who talked on and on about Williams. Very cool and entertaining if you ask me.

1/ thread title police suggests being more descriptive will lead to more discussion

2/ our social media is definitely way better, especially on twitter and IG which is awesome. still have a long ways to go as far as overall content. dave clawson has a weekly radio show that should be a goldmine but we still aren't good at distribution. it took me forever just now to find the youtube video because it's posted on a different channel for some reason. not to mention it's just posted in it's entirety which is a pretty poor viewing/listening experience.

have been toying around with the idea of starting some sort of wake content company but i don't want to do any of the actual content creation and just generally very lazy. we are significantly behind even schools like BC when it comes to new media type stuff.

Because it's asinine that we don't get to talk to a player who scored 36 points in a game.

If he scores 18 and they win by 20-plus, whatever.

When he takes over the game and scores the most points of any WF player in 15 years ... he should be interviewed.

Agreed unless the kid doesn’t want to do so, which seems unlikely

Back