• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Alumni in Band at Halftime of WF vs UVa

slickdeac

Reaction score
Hey Deacon Nation:

Feels weird doing a little self-promoting, but hey, it does pertain to WF basketball :thumbsup:

I graduated from WF in 2011 and have been in Nashville doing music ever since...I'm in a band (www.mamadear.com) and we are performing at the halftime of the UVa game next Wednesday night. Should be fun! I'd love to meet some fellow board members before or after the game

We are also playing at Ziggy's on Thursday night and would love W-S support as we come back for the first time for a little homecoming week!

Oh, also, we're going to beat the Cavs this time... Because Danny Manning is the MAN.

Looking forward to being back in town next week!

--Parker Bradway

Hey Deacon Nation:

Feels weird doing a little self-promoting, but hey, it does pertain to WF basketball :thumbsup:

I graduated from WF in 2011 and have been in Nashville doing music ever since...I'm in a band (www.mamadear.com) and we are performing at the halftime of the UVa game next Wednesday night. Should be fun! I'd love to meet some fellow board members before or after the game

We are also playing at Ziggy's on Thursday night and would love W-S support as we come back for the first time for a little homecoming week!

Oh, also, we're going to beat the Cavs this time... Because Danny Manning is the MAN.

Looking forward to being back in town next week!

--Parker Bradway

Lookin' forward to hearin you guys do the anthem. Thanks for sharing, and Go Deacs!

Can we attend the lecture? I'm for supporting all alumni endeavors.

Ha! This lecture is going to be boring. It will be outlining the future of forensic science and federal guidelines. Later in the semester I will be giving another one with specific case examples that promises to be much more interesting.

Slick, I'm intrigued by the NINE day private event being played in Papeete, French Polynesia!! Not a bad way to kill a week.

Do tell. :)

Best of luck to you guys at the UVA game. You sound great!

Forensic-- will send right after this...Would love to meet up!

Coredeac-- Man, I know...Thankful for that one... We were asked to play on a family's private cruise around Tahiti and Bora Bora...Wow. Wanna come?

Again, sorry for the self-promo but looking forward to seeing you guys next week!

Best of luck to you and your band slickdeac. My cousin spent 20 years in Nashville before he got his first big break, and another friend just moved out there a couple months ago.

Very cool, thanks for sharing the link. May need to swing by Eddie's Attic in April to see y'all play.

Always cool to see a talented up and coming act before they hit the big time! Here's to hoping you hit it big like Kristian Bush and Jennifer Nettles, who both used to be Eddie's Attic regulars long before Sugarland.

Good to hear this Parker! I'll pass this onto my son, Glenn, and fellow Wake Chi Rho alum!:D

great music, we really enjoyed your site you guys will go a long way . . . -best of luck and God Bless

Really appreciate the kind words, guys! Morrison2951, please tell Glenn I say hi! Always good to hear from former Chi Rho-ers ;)

DeacInVermont: I love that you picked up on that. The other two did not go to Wake, so it isn't the direct meaning of the name, but my Wake friends and I enjoy the secondary meaning... So yes, it was an intended, indirect meaning

Thought you all sounded good. I appreciated the story about the guitar strap too. Wish I could go to the show at Ziggy's tonight.

Thought you guys were solid last night. The crowd definitely remained in their seats for halftime.

Really appreciate the kind words, guys! Morrison2951, please tell Glenn I say hi! Always good to hear from former Chi Rho-ers ;)

DeacInVermont: I love that you picked up on that. The other two did not go to Wake, so it isn't the direct meaning of the name, but my Wake friends and I enjoy the secondary meaning... So yes, it was an intended, indirect meaning

That's slick.

Did I meet you at the 2006 Ole Miss game during the rain delay? The guy I met was in high school then. I'm not sure if it was you or another poster but you're a 2011 grad so the timing works out.

I promise I'm going to let this thread die ha, but I wanted everyone to know that Ziggy's was unfortunately canceled for the weather. Appreciate some of y'all wanting to come out and support, though. We're going to reschedule in April so we'll be back.

Thanks for having us back last night...We really enjoyed it.

Oh, and yes, PH. Great memory, man! That was me at the Ole Miss game and then I believe at the ACC Championship game in Jax as well. Good times.

Back