• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

now 3-0 WV

Grove, the injured WV Pitcher, got the start at DH and has been PH for; I guess so that he could say he started an NCAAT game

in ACC games, Johnstone has a 3.32 ERA in 59 2/3 innings with a 1.44 WHIP, allowing an opposing OPS of .694
in ACC games, Dunshee has a 4.21 ERA in 62 innings with a 1.45 WHIP, allowing an opposing OPS of .777

those numbers alone do not tell the whole story, and Dunshee strikes a lot of guys out, but it's tough to go from those numbers to stating that Dunshee is the clear cut top guy

Depends on if Dunshee's home run numbers are a result of his pitches/style or just the way the cookie crumbles. He strikes out a lot more guys and gives up a few more home runs (10 vs. 4 overall). I would imagine that Dunshee's BABIP is a decent amount higher than Johnstone's or Sellers'. Not that it's end all be all, but Dunshee went 14th round this past year while Johnstone is trying to work his way into the draft (Walter has talked a bit about that this year). Decent indication of where they stand relative to one another.

The Holes are throwing their 9-0, projected first-rounder vs. Davidson today. Hope our strategy works and theirs blows up in their face.

Carolina almost lost to this same Davidson team earlier in the season so was probably a strategic move.

I would imagine Dunshee has a higher fly ball rate, though I don't see it available online

WV up 4-1 on the strength of 3 HR's so far through 3

also, WV starting pitcher hit 4 Md hitters through 3.1 innings

and WV has pulled their starting pitcher after 3.1

Teams will literally practice getting hit by pitches before the tournament. During BP, they'll be a few hard foam balls mixed in that the coach will throw at them. I know NCSU still does this.

WV up 5-1 after 4 on a 4th HR

WVU starter threw ~50 pitches before being pulled

current reliever started 15 games for WVU this year

assuming neither of them can go tomorrow, and accounting for the pitcher with Tommy John surgery, those 3 top pitchers will all be unavailable tomorrow - they combined to throw ~40% of WV's innings this year

I would imagine if we get WV tomorrow we will face Isaiah Kearns, a freshman who pitched very well in the Big XII tournament, getting an 8-inning complete game against Baylor (allowed 3 hits and 1 run)

They only hit 45 all year. Sounds like today was an anomoly.

What are our viewing options for tonight? I'll be there Saturday and Sunday but can't make it tonight unfortunately. I'm sure I glanced over this, but thanks in advance.

Watchespen.

All the 4-1s so far today have been pretty competitive. Can't take nuttin' for granted

Back