• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2018

Griffin Roberts selected #43 by the Cardinals.

:dancindeac::dancindeac::dancindeac:

Lose our future 1b and #1 pitcher back to back. Griffin to the Cards. Gammons thinks he will be in their bullpen by the end of this season.

Wake has had a player drafted in the first two rounds for three years in a row. Should help with recruiting.

I've posted about the juco/community college thing before, but it's very important to also note that many core curriculum juco courses only transfer over as elective credits, so a 2 year transfer, like I was, ends up having to retake intro core classes. It sucks. I had spanish credits and history credits that transferred as electives.

I've posted about the juco/community college thing before, but it's very important to also note that many core curriculum juco courses only transfer over as elective credits, so a 2 year transfer, like I was, ends up having to retake intro core classes. It sucks. I had spanish credits and history credits that transferred as electives.

For athletes the bigger issue with courses not being acceptable for credit is that the athlete does not have enough credits that count for him to be in good standing as a junior. If they dont have the crefits tp ne a junior in good standing, they cant play.

That's an interesting factoid. One would have to think if we keep this up our program should do pretty well.

Pretty cool. I wonder who will keep the streak alive for us next season? My early vote is for Jake.

Just read the article about Roberts on the official site. He came in as a walk-on? I did not realize that. Either way, it's safe to say his decision to come back to Wake this season paid off.

Pretty cool. I wonder who will keep the streak alive for us next season? My early vote is for Jake.

don't think jake mueller is going to be a big prospect.

your chances are probably peluse or aiello if he comes back, has a big year and ends up as an underslot guy (all plausible)

How far does Aiello drop before returning to Wake for a strong senior season becomes his best option???

How far does Aiello drop before returning to Wake for a strong senior season becomes his best option???

Million dollar question. In my opinion unless he'll go top 5 rounds next year he should sign this year as long as he's in the top 20 rounds. The offers for Juniors compared to Seniors are crazy.

Million dollar question. In my opinion unless he'll go top 5 rounds next year he should sign this year as long as he's in the top 20 rounds. The offers for Juniors compared to Seniors are crazy.

But a return to his soph year stats, 328BA 20HR. would put him back in top 5 rounds....I think the combination of improved hitters around him and maybe less pressure would give him a chance at a season closer to soph than junior...

But a return to his soph year stats, 328BA 20HR. would put him back in top 5 rounds....I think the combination of improved hitters around him and maybe less pressure would give him a chance at a season closer to soph than junior...

I agree. I also didn't think Donnie should've signed last year so who knows.

Supple drafted in 13th, Aiello in 14th:

Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins played at WF (they drafted Donnie Sellers last year). Atkins is Dave Odom's nephew.

What are the slotted amounts for the Supple and Aiello picks? Can't be great. Pull a Parker!! (Dunshee) and come back and take us to greatness!

Or pull a Dave Bush and make yourself a high pick with a great senior season that will lead you to a Major League career!

What are the slotted amounts for the Supple and Aiello picks? Can't be great. Pull a Parker!! (Dunshee) and come back and take us to greatness!

Here's a site showing value and signed amounts through round 10 for last year

https://www.mlb.com/news/2017-draft-signing-and-bonus-tracker/c-237042574

without researching in detail, I would guess that among 10th rounders, those with remaining eligibility got the full value or close to it ($100k or so) while those who had no better options got $10,000

Back