• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Basketball Preseason Discussion

Great Quote:
On the team's results over the past few years...
"I can't speak as to what has happened in the past. I don't care about it. I care about from the day I took the job forward. I know what we demand as a staff from our young men. We are going to be a physically and mentally tough team. I'll give you our mission statement: We are going to be a physically and mentally tough team. We are going to pay strict attention to detail and think `next play' and we are constantly going to be in a state of becoming and learning. That's who we are. The past is the past. People can talk about it all they want to, but I could care less."

"that weird greek stuff"

oh rountree is this how it's gonna be

whole lotta greek racism up in winston-salem. y'all diávolos need to cut the skatá right now and get on board

what have the Greeks ever done for humans anyway?

I give you butt fucking boys for shits and giggles, but besides that... what have the Greeks done to help humanity?

This is the best line in there:

Manning- "These players will adapt to mine system. It is easier for 13 to adapt to 1 than for 1 to adapt to 13. [Adapting to your personnel] is what gets you fired."

what have the Greeks ever done for humans anyway?

just another RACIST who doesn't bother to learn history (which we invented, probably) other than that of his tea and crumpets eatin', bad teeth havin', sheep bangin' ancestors.

but they aren't very good at soccer, or modern finance... oh well, eat this lamb.

I like what I'm hearing out of media days. I just want to see how our players adapt to the new pace.

Universal Wake fan reaction to the Manning quotes:

MassiveErection.jpg

Universal Wake fan reaction to the Manning quotes:

MassiveErection.jpg

Especially this one:

Recruiting:

Manning- "We have a great university. We play in the toughest basketball conference in the country. We have over 40 years of NBA basketball on our staff. I don't know another staff like that. We have a staff with two first round draft picks. We talk about development on the court and development off the court. If they have aspirations of going pro, we have those experiences and we want to share them with our guys."

Loving pretty much all of these quotes, in addition to the one about recruiting Strick just mentioned I think my other favorite was this:

When asked if he is still the best shooter on the team, Childress did not hesitate, "Absolutely. I look forward to recruiting the kid that I can pass the torch to, but he's going to have to earn it."

It may just be my imagination and projecting, but Chill sounds like he's been paroled and given a new lease on life.

Not gonna lie, I didn't love the quotes from Childress. But the Manning ones are so kickass it doesn't matter.

This is the best line in there:

Manning- "These players will adapt to mine system. It is easier for 13 to adapt to 1 than for 1 to adapt to 13. [Adapting to your personnel] is what gets you fired."
Didn't Clawson say the exact opposite thing? I swear he said he's going to tailor his coaching to the personnel. I guess it's very different in basketball vs football but still funny none the less.

Back