• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Basketball Preseason Discussion

Braces makes an appearance.

I hope I don't get corny when I get old. Is anybody under 40 buying season tickets?

So happy dance person is a major player in wake sports. That should give people hope

I don't think I'd want her hands in my mouth or her face in close proximity to mine.

Hadn't realized this myself. If I'm not mistaken, the season always starts on the 2nd Friday of November. Just so happens that this year is the latest date possible (Nov 14th). Guess you gotta squeeze in a bunch of games before final exam period with the late start.

Last edited:
Also interesting that none of those games are on the weekend. All MWF. Luckily, no Tuesday until the Minnesota game.

at Arkansas is one of our toughest games of the year. Iona appears to be a decent squad too. Going to have some challenges very early.

Yeah, thankfully Sean Armand, the dude who was knocking down every trey he threw up in the 41-5 debacle, has graduated. They do return their #2, #3, and #5 scorers from last year though, and Iona seems like a team that just plugs guys in and has a Top 25 offense every year. Decent chance we lose that one.

Yeah the schedule sets up to be trial by fire between the opener and thanksgiving. The thanksgiving week games are absolute snoozers at least. The Delaware State game may be one of the worst games we've ever played (up there with Longwood mid- ACC play with CP3 on the team). Not only is DSU bad but they play a slow down game.

I'm surprised she took down her [Redacted] poster.

I hope I don't get corny when I get old. Is anybody under 40 buying season tickets?

The past 4 seasons if you were under 40 you didn't need a ticket. You could just walk through the student line, pick up a wristband and a ticket and snag a seat on the lower level.

Will be interested to see if that changes this year.

The past 4 seasons if you were under 40 you didn't need a ticket. You could just walk through the student line, pick up a wristband and a ticket and snag a seat on the lower level.

Will be interested to see if that changes this year.

haha you didn't even need to show a student ID?

damn

we camped out for front row seats and tailgated the day of games

haha you didn't even need to show a student ID?

damn

we camped out for front row seats and tailgated the day of games

Nope I wasn't asked once. I'm a student again though so I'm good even if they start checking.

I hope we can get back to those days. I remember camping out for four days for the Duke game my freshman year. Had Trent thrown down that dunk it would probably have gone down as one of my fondest college memories.

I don't think I'd want her hands in my mouth or her face in close proximity to mine.

Another internet warrior happy to throw crap at someone who's been a strong Deacons supporter for many years from the safety of anonymity. Please think if you'd make that post with your real name attached.

She did my braces. I bet she'd remember me, if not from that (over ten years ago), then from Wake games. I'd certainly ask her why she loved [Redacted] so much.

Back