• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ BC 11/27 – Noon ESPN2

In the offseason, pick through every B10 roster and grab LBs who aren't getting a ton of PT or are disgruntled.

Dude, just stack the box and spy the QB and if they beat us 1-on-1 in the pass game too bad.

PJ looked a little slow getting up there. Getting over the flu, his adrenaline will run out and he won’t have anything left in the second half.

I don’t see how our offensive players could be friends with anyone on defense. The difference between them is night and day.

At the very least they have to watch from the sidelines sometimes and just silently simmer.

Some football coaches outsmart themselves. Others are just dumb at times.

I feel like our D is why we love the wildcat on offense. I think a good wildcat team would absolutely destroy us. BC should direct snap to their best runner the rest of the game.

Dude, just stack the box and spy the QB and if they beat us 1-on-1 in the pass game too bad.

They are doing this to an extent. But it looks like the LBs pursue the wrong holes, so there are big gaps right away to the secondary. There were multiple times their RB had a full head of steam going into the secondary. Or if we are in position, the first tackler is not getting them immediately to the ground.

Yeah I can see BC getting exhausted as the game goes on, post flu fatigue is a bitch.

PJ looked a little slow getting up there. Getting over the flu, his adrenaline will run out and he won’t have anything left in the second half.

He doesn’t need anything to run 10-15 yards at a time vs. our defense.

Wake seems ill-prepared for Jurkovic's runs. He's almost as good as Howell with his feet. Will run around us all day unless d adjusts.

Everyone coming into this game knew Jurkovec was going to run. Apparently we weren’t prepared for it which is inexcusable.

Burn this D to the ground and start over.

Also, holy hell our LBs are absolutely terrible at tackling.

Doubt we were unprepared for it. Just not good enough to stop it thus far.

Not only is our D not coached to tackle to wrap up a player and use their strength to bring them down instead of with just their arms we apparently don’t coach our players on the right angles to take when going for a tackle. It’s amazing how many times our lbs and CBs come at too sharp of an angle to then try an arm tackle or dive at their legs and feet to come up empty vs taking a shallower angle and maybe give up an extra yard or two but get the sure tackle vs giving up an extra 10-20.

It’s just horrendous how bad our D is.

Back