• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/duke Game Thread

Son of a bitch. If we just won those Duke and Clemson home games, we'd likely be in. We need that Louisville game in the worst freaking way. Still may not be enough but I am excited about where the program is headed. Please stay one more year Collins.

If we weren't almost certainly going to lose Collins to the draft, I would be incredibly excited for next year's team.

Truth. A lot to be excited about if we knew Collins would be back. If he leaves, we're back on the bubble, I think.

Best game we've played in Durham in 20 years. Not enough though.

You aren't going to convince me we don't belong in the tournament after watching that game.

It's really strange. We are a really good team who plays everybody close and tough, yet we just can't seem to win

That hurt, but good lord it's fun to watch Bryant Crawford and John Collins play basketball. Those guys have played amazing basketball for us.

Just more perimeter talent for Duke. Wake played a pretty great game. Collins was phenomenal. We've struggled to guard the perimeter all year and that's where Duke's major talent is.

Yup. I don't know how anyone can watch this game and not see the personnel difference on the wing. There have games where we have sagged on D effort wise, don't think that was the case here.

I seriously don't understand how Bonner and the other douche were able to "talk about the game [Duke Player] is having" multiple times and act so damn ho-hum about Collins' 31pt 15reb game. Had that been Giles they'd be talking about him being the #1 overall pick.

Jefferson's game was kinda of possible to see due to our terrible wing D. JC had to leave him or give Kennard, Allen or Tatum lay-ups. That's why Jefferson scored.

The media suck-fest is baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait to see Grayson Allen try to get tough in the NBA. I hope someone seriously hurts him.

Well, this game reinforced a couple of things we already knew:

1. We are a good team, but still a Chaundee away from being a great team.
2. DeaconSlim is a miserable fucking poster.

Fuck duke.

The moral victory is that a 5 point loss in durham is the closest we've been in 20 years.

We had a good look and it didn't hit. Frustrating, VERY frustrating when you consider the other close calls/chokes this season.

Collins is gone. Let's go get JEAN Collins from France.

We played well.....all I hope these days is that Collins stays one more year.

I need a gif of Danny throwing the water bottle! Most emotion I've seen out of him in three years.

Please fucking beat Pitt and Louisville. If we can just get in and stop playing these damn ACC teams, we can make some noise

We played well.....all I hope these days is that Collins stays one more year.

dont hope for it. very unlikely he stays. already showing improvement on his mid range. just be glad if he chooses wake over money for a year..

FG% by half

nova 50 65 L
NW 33 50 L
X 52 50 L
LSU 38 42 W
FSU 41 61 L
Clem 43 50 L
BC 45 25 W
UVA 46 52 L
UNC 53 50 L
Miami 35 50 W
State 66 40 W
Syr 35 57 L
dook 35 63 L
BC 41 48 W
GT 29 41 W
ND 43 55 L
State 36 34 W
Clem 59 43 L
dook 62 56 L

This is why are so 'close' to pulling off the big wins. Zero 2nd half defense. If we can't stops and secure the defensive boards when we actually do this will not change.

Well, this game reinforced a couple of things we already knew:

1. We are a good team, but still a Chaundee away from being a great team.
2. DeaconSlim is a miserable fucking poster.

Fuck duke.

You guys are some whiny little bitches...I don't like Childress's offensive game for us...I don't think he is a team player....period. I threw in a stupid comment about wishing he would transfer and you people lose your shit. Calm the fuck down. It was a tough loss and Childress obviously isn't going anywhere.

Let's hope he learns to be a little more active and a little less selfish the rest of his career at Wake.

You guys are some whiny little bitches...I don't like Childress's offensive game for us...I don't think he is a team player....period. I threw in a stupid comment about wishing he would transfer and you people lose your shit. Calm the fuck down. It was a tough loss and Childress obviously isn't going anywhere.

Let's hope he learns to be a little more active and a little less selfish the rest of his career at Wake.

I like the fact that he has the balls to take those shots at Cameron as a freshman, and if we have a better perimeter defender, Danny sure as shit hasn't played him this year.

Back