• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/duke Game Thread

You guys are some whiny little bitches...I don't like Childress's offensive game for us...I don't think he is a team player....period. I threw in a stupid comment about wishing he would transfer and you people lose your shit. Calm the fuck down. It was a tough loss and Childress obviously isn't going anywhere.

Let's hope he learns to be a little more active and a little less selfish the rest of his career at Wake.

You demonstrate the sports aptitude of a rock.

Seems like there's a good chance we'll be the best team not in the tournament. We just don't have the wins to deserve to be there unless we make an end of season run. Tough schedule, but a high computer ranking for keeping it close against tough conference teams isn't a tournament resume for an ACC team.

Seems like there's a good chance we'll be the best team not in the tournament. We just don't have the wins to deserve to be there unless we make an end of season run. Tough schedule, but a high computer ranking for keeping it close against tough conference teams isn't a tournament resume for an ACC team.

Yep

31 and 15. No fouls in the second half. Another wasted effort from our future lottery pick.

We had a good look and it didn't hit. Frustrating, VERY frustrating when you consider the other close calls/chokes this season.

Collins is gone. Let's go get JEAN Collins from France.

Not directed at you but the general 'we got a good shot' view.

Collin 31 pts 13/18 72% from the floor. People go back and watch the play we had a chance to look inside early and passed it up, once craw rotate to the other side sure he can really pass it to collins but play should have happened earlier.

I can pull many many posts about how back we are at layups and that includes Crawford, he is not a sure thing on layups especially when closely guarded. He's just not there yet. Seriously, Crawford was 6/13 from 2, 46%. I'm pretty sure 72% is where you want to go.

That hurt, but good lord it's fun to watch Bryant Crawford and John Collins play basketball. Those guys have played amazing basketball for us.

Collins is obviously the best on the team, but Crawford is definitely my favorite. He loves the moment, has incredible fire, and has an all around game. Hope he makes it the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FG% by half

nova 50 65 L
NW 33 50 L
X 52 50 L
LSU 38 42 W
FSU 41 61 L
Clem 43 50 L
BC 45 25 W
UVA 46 52 L
UNC 53 50 L
Miami 35 50 W
State 66 40 W
Syr 35 57 L
dook 35 63 L
BC 41 48 W
GT 29 41 W
ND 43 55 L
State 36 34 W
Clem 59 43 L
dook 62 56 L

This is why are so 'close' to pulling off the big wins. Zero 2nd half defense. If we can't stops and secure the defensive boards when we actually do this will not change.
I think a lot of that has to do with our roster. We have slower unathletic guys like Arians and Dino's playing a lot of perimeter defense, and our guards have to switch and double a lot to make up for them. As the game wears on our guys just start breaking down and slowing down on defense. We desperately need another athletic wing to play defense at the 3.

Yup. I don't know how anyone can watch this game and not see the personnel difference on the wing. There have games where we have sagged on D effort wise, don't think that was the case here.

This. It's the story of game and year. Just get routinely roasted on D on the wing

KenPom now has Wake as 8th best offense in country (156 on D). Up to #31 overall

We played well.....all I hope these days is that Collins stays one more year.

There's no chance of that barring something happening.

The way he's playing now, JC is the best post player in the country. I could see taking Markannen ahead of JC, but no one else.

The way he's playing now, JC is the best post player in the country. I could see taking Markannen ahead of JC, but no one else.

Best on offense, certainly.

It doesn't help that Dinos has completely disappeared in ACC play. He doesn't belong on the court if he isn't hitting 3s.

Not directed at you but the general 'we got a good shot' view.

Collin 31 pts 13/18 72% from the floor. People go back and watch the play we had a chance to look inside early and passed it up, once craw rotate to the other side sure he can really pass it to collins but play should have happened earlier.

I can pull many many posts about how back we are at layups and that includes Crawford, he is not a sure thing on layups especially when closely guarded. He's just not there yet. Seriously, Crawford was 6/13 from 2, 46%. I'm pretty sure 72% is where you want to go.

It's not that simple. When the switch happened the ball was on the other side of the court. There was no way to make a 30' pass to Collins. When Bryant got the ball, he had a clear path to the basket and knew JC would trailing for a put back. Bryant made absolutely the correct play. it just didn't go in.

Just came to post that the no-call for the two hand shove Allen gave to Collins on the missed layup down one (where he was in perfect position for the board and then flew five feet forward and past the ball) was one of the most egregious things I have seen happen at that Duke. And that's saying something. Just completely inexcusable to not get a whistle there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, shut the fuck up. An entry pass from that angle is damn near impossible. Craw had a good look. It didn't fall. Nothing arrogant or selfish about that take.

You have 3 games left with a player whose carried the team the entire game with the best of his career. Get him the ball when you have the chance to win. Period. Don't get into a position where an entry pass is impossible.

The second take down 3 ? Fuck that noise. If it's not arrogant it's stupid.

Then the best player in the country needs to play in the NCAAT this year!

Let's win out and get him there! :)

I agree. If we SOMEHOW keep morale up, win 2 in a row at home...

Also, I'd like Crawford to finish some of these thunder slams.

Back