• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Exploration

wakehistorynerd

Reaction score
Were any of y'all into exploring the tunnels and chapel? Nostalgia is so real right now

I was last in the tunnels a couple decades ago. They were filled knee deep with water at the time.
36c9121ea53baf7661e9964be3229800.jpg

Went from Tribble to one of the academic buildings on the east side of the mag quad one time

I tried multiple times in my time at Wake, but every entrance to the tunnels I was aware of was locked and we couldn’t pick the locks. I was able to get on the roof of ZSR, Scales, and “the cloud” in Wait Chapel. I also took the bell tower tour with BSU my senior year

Went from Luter to the Library once, and I hit up the bell tower.

Clicked on thread looking for a different type college exploration story. Leaving sad.

Went from Johnson to the girls dorm (can't remember the name of it) a few times in '95. Probably a dumb risk for zero reward.

Johnson was substance free in 99, and Bostwick was women only. Not sure if it changed over time.

I don't think you can count the tunnel between Bostwick and Johnson as a real tunnel. That tunnel even had a name "vegas" and it was kept fairly open most of the time I was an RA in Johnson = no secret entrance.

Yeah, walking between Bostwick and Johnson is not tunneling. I only went once, but went with these guys who would go like every week, so I got the full experience.

I don't think you can count the tunnel between Bostwick and Johnson as a real tunnel. That tunnel even had a name "vegas" and it was kept fairly open most of the time I was an RA in Johnson = no secret entrance.
You can't take my tunneling away from me.

don't remember a single-sex dorm at Wake when I was there, but my memory is shit

Back