• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake Campus Development Thread

What Wake offices are over there?

No, that's not quite right. We're facing north, so west to east it's:

601-11 is Vitacost
601-010 is Cook Medical
The buildings between W and E and north and northwest of the Red Lot are RJR
Thanks for the correction. Except Cook Medical is now out and Purple Crow is in (according to the WS Journal this week).

What Wake offices are over there?

I don't really know, but they have some Deacon Club stuff over there from time to time. Probably run the grade deflation servers out of there in a raised floor data system.

what kinda stuff does Pepsi use this office for? is that a throwback to Wayne Calloway's tenure there?
Some people in the Pepsi building provide customer service to North American distributors of Pepsi products.

There are some WFU offices on Deacon Blvd., across from the Joel. One building houses the WFU Center for Nanotechnology and the building marked as "Winston Salem Open" (next to the old Last Resort) houses the Athletic Communications (i.e. Sports Information) staff and the Sports Marketing staff. It's a crappy, unattractive building both outside and inside.

Deacon Blvd.jpg

Last edited:
Because I don't live anywhere near the state of NC.

I did see us play SMU in Dallas when we had CP and EW.

Hence I asked where it was. Not like I've been to a basketball game there in the last 29+ years, so...
That tunnel has been there way longer than 30 years. I imagine it was put in when they built Groves in the late 1960's

That tunnel has been there way longer than 30 years. I imagine it was put in when they built Groves in the late 1960's

I am straining to remember it. The need for me to cross Deacon Blvd. was rarely, if ever, there. I cannot locate something that looks like a tunnel from the satellite shots on Google.

I never knew it was there till a few years ago when I had to park at the coliseum for some reason.

I never knew it was there till a few years ago when I had to park at the coliseum for some reason.

When I went to LJVM, it was always for a basketball game, and when I was at the football games, I was always in the football lot. So basically, there was no reason to ever use the tunnel. I am getting a vague recollection of this tunnel and the "was this always here?" feeling from some point during my post-Wake years, but can't say for sure.

In any case, now that I know that's there, we still need one across University.

Back