• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football - it's happening

Agreed. But even so, our LBs are covered somewhat by our scheme so there are only two on the field. As you note, our scheme and Wolford's decision making and running ability help mask the OL. And the CB have promise. And none of those units look flat out bad which they have in the past.

Deaconsig, I think you spot on about the three positions. PH, Wolford's TD/Int ratio is finally positive. Our first real test will be on the 30th. we are near the top, nationally, in turnover margin.

There are 50 fbs teams worse than utah st this year. The Idaho State team they destroyed in week 2 just beat Nevada this past Saturday

There are 50 fbs teams worse than utah st this year. The Idaho State team they destroyed in week 2 just beat Nevada this past Saturday

That's good to know.

On the same topic, the NIU team that BC beat Week 1 beat Nebraska this week.

Wow, Nevada is usually decent. I think they took Northwestern to the wire to open the season. I really do think we beat a decent team last Saturday.

Coach is not taking anything for granted in preparation for ASU's Satterfield. You really have to appreciate and respect his outlook.

If Deacs show up flat or confounded Saturday in Boone then it won't be happening around Groves Stadium any time soon with students or fair weather fans. This is actually a Big game in Boone for the Deacs. I believe our guys will play hard.

If we win 10 games, Clawson is outta here.

Disagree. Clawson likes turning around fb programs. He also relishes what some consider difficult challenges. I think we have him for several more years. I could only see him going to a much larger school with a storied fb tradition that has fallen very far.

If we win 10 games, Clawson is outta here.

Totally disagree. This Williams grad is home. Ten year contract. Still has plenty to prove. State U is not a Clawson thing. And we will pay him top dollar.

I hope your right and I'm wrong. WFU1977, We can start the list with Tennessee (if Butch spits the bit). Mack, he left everywhere else to get here. To get 10 wins, he'd have to beat 2 out of 4 (F$U, Clemson, ND and L'ville) which would get the attention of the big boys. Let me be clear, I like where he's taking us. I want him to stay. But if hometown hero John Mackovic can dump us, anybody else can.

Gene hooks was the AD when Mackovic left. 'Nuff said

I hope your right and I'm wrong. WFU1977, We can start the list with Tennessee (if Butch spits the bit). Mack, he left everywhere else to get here. To get 10 wins, he'd have to beat 2 out of 4 (F$U, Clemson, ND and L'ville) which would get the attention of the big boys. Let me be clear, I like where he's taking us. I want him to stay. But if hometown hero John Mackovic can dump us, anybody else can.

After his OC stint for the Vols, think that's a non-starter.

After his OC stint for the Vols, think that's a non-starter.

It was just the first place that came to mind. Maybe ND if we beat them. WFU1977, the Deacon club bought him a new Cadillac (a big deal back then), but your right about Hooks.

Clawexit? Clexit?

Don't let fear of the future, diminish the joy of the moment. I like Clawson a lot and he is clearly moving us in the right direction. I am not going to worry about someone poaching our coach just yet

Back