• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

I know it's just Fall Ball, but was very curious as to how the Deacs would play at UT, especially after the season UT had last year. Encouraging sign that we won the first game, even if it's just a scrimmage.

down 9-4 in the nightcap, but a split on the road at the #1 team preseason is not a bad result.

When do we have a scrimmage at Couch? Saw something about an upcoming exhibition...would like to try and go.

Interesting that the Tenn writeup I saw said nothing about a split. Said Tenn won 13-9 in 18 innings. :)

#10 in the Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll. They never learn.

Just ridiculous the hype we get year in year out in baseball preseason hype. For whatever reason we seem to get the UNC sports treatment in that aspect. Let me know when Walter is no longer the coach…

Just ridiculous the hype we get year in year out in baseball preseason hype. For whatever reason we seem to get the UNC sports treatment in that aspect. Let me know when Walter is no longer the coach…
Actually think its the other way around. There aren't 10 teams that return the talent that WF does heading into 2023. It's not like the people who evaluate college baseball owe anything to WF or get any benefit from giving WF an elite ranking.

If this same roster was in any other uniform, this team would be higher (better) than #10. The team is stacked.

Truthfully, with these kind of expectations yet again, what is the floor for this season that will keep Walter around?

From the Deacon Sports Xtra today. Given our failure to live up to preseason bb expectations in the past and no College WS appearance in over 60 years, I think I'd soft-pedal any Omaha talk.

The Deacs are primed for another big jump in 2023, returning the bulk of the starting lineup while adding some key players in the transfer portal. Wake Forest is likely to begin the year ranked in the top-10 nationally as one of the teams with an excellent shot of extending their season all the way to a run at the College World Series in Omaha.

From the Deacon Sports Xtra today. Given our failure to live up to preseason bb expectations in the past and no College WS appearance in over 60 years, I think I'd soft-pedal any Omaha talk.

The Deacs are primed for another big jump in 2023, returning the bulk of the starting lineup while adding some key players in the transfer portal. Wake Forest is likely to begin the year ranked in the top-10 nationally as one of the teams with an excellent shot of extending their season all the way to a run at the College World Series in Omaha.
I’m just not sure a Walter coached team can make the jump. We’ll see though.

Back