• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest at Vanderbilt - 12 Noon - SECN

Maybe I’m being naive but I’m not worried about Hartman at all. It’s his 5th year in the program and he’s played in 36 games according to a quick search. Maybe he’s off on a few throws here and there but he just missed a couple weeks of practice. Expecting him to be totally fine.

Yeah. The national narrative seems to be that he is coming in cold and he just started practicing the day after it was announced he was cleared. Even Clawson admitted he’d been throwing and the team already knew for days that he was clear and he was already in full practice with no contact before it was announced he was clear.

Maybe I’m being naive but I’m not worried about Hartman at all. It’s his 5th year in the program and he’s played in 36 games according to a quick search. Maybe he’s off on a few throws here and there but he just missed a couple weeks of practice. Expecting him to be totally fine.
But did he actually miss any practice? Sure it was non-contact, but reporters couldn't comment on whether he was even at practice. Totally plausible that he was tossing it around the whole time.

Yeah. The national narrative seems to be that he is coming in cold and he just started practicing the day after it was announced he was cleared. Even Clawson admitted he’d been throwing and the team already knew for days that he was clear and he was already in full practice with no contact before it was announced he was clear.

So with that narrative when he comes in and drops 400+ yds, 5 passing TDs, and 1 rushing ... he jumps to the head of the line for the Heisman, right?

So with that narrative when he comes in and drops 400+ yds, 5 passing TDs, and 1 rushing ... he jumps to the head of the line for the Heisman, right?
LOL no.

But did he actually miss any practice? Sure it was non-contact, but reporters couldn't comment on whether he was even at practice. Totally plausible that he was tossing it around the whole time.
I mean ... I think I'm clear to say he wasn't throwing back-shoulders to A.T. a week after going through surgery for a blood clot and while on blood thinners.

(I'll be back to delete this if I've violated rules)

Last edited:
I wasn't clowning you as much as the idea Wake would get credit for anything.

I wasn't clowning you as much as the idea Wake would get credit for anything.

Oh I know, but I would hope Wake would get some credit at least. Everything I read has Vandy as the next great thing after they beat Hawaii (which sucks) and then Elon (which sucks) ... Hartman and the Deacs go into Nashville and take Vandy to the woodshed they should get the credit according to the perceived greatness of Vandy (really difficult to even type that).

Oh I know, but I would hope Wake would get some credit at least. Everything I read has Vandy as the next great thing after they beat Hawaii (which sucks) and then Elon (which sucks) ... Hartman and the Deacs go into Nashville and take Vandy to the woodshed they should get the credit according to the perceived greatness of Vandy (really difficult to even type that).

Yeah. The narrative will just be "LOL Vandy sucks" and Wake will move down another spot just because.

Stubhub never sent my parking pass so I bought two from Vanderbilt for the same price as my one.

I read you need a pass for every space so I though we would spread out.

Sam isn’t going to come in like a redshirt freshman but I’d be surprised if our offense is at 100% out the gate. Bad weather also could play a role. I think our defense will struggle containing vandys QB. Wake wins may have to work hard all four quarters to cover.

Vanderbilt has some speed at the skill positions. I expect to see decent defense by the Deacs, but suspect Vandy will score a couple big yardage TD's where their speed finds an opening and they capitalize. Wake depth shows in the second half against a tired team.

Weird to consider Wake depth as a positive.

Cam did a good interview with Vandy’s 247 writer. The main takeaway was that Vandy lacks depth. They go 7 deep in the OL. Their guy thinks they’ll wear out in the 4th. Vandy outscored Elon 21-7 in the 1st Q but we’re outscored 21-14 in the 2nd half.

Sam isn’t going to come in like a redshirt freshman but I’d be surprised if our offense is at 100% out the gate. Bad weather also could play a role. I think our defense will struggle containing vandys QB. Wake wins may have to work hard all four quarters to cover.
Weather shouldn't be too much of a concern. Current weather report is light showers.

Back