• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest at Vanderbilt - 12 Noon - SECN

Wish we had at least taken 3 pts at the goal line.

Hope it doesn't matter.
nah not only was it the right move but it led to the field position that got us the pick 6. a big part of why you should go for it is because of the field position advantage even if you don’t make it.

We were lucky there but that's just not smart defense.

That was about 10 times worse than the hit on Hartman.

Yeah. That was a foul. Lucky to get away with that.

Of course, we have been burned by QB’s faking giving up on a play before.

Going for it there was a fine call. Running the damn wildcat AGAIN was a shitty call.
Does our wildcat seem like an afterthought? Like we maybe practice it the last 10 minutes of the day? We seem to get zero penetration.

Yeaaahhhh that was a penalty. Don’t know how they didn’t call that

That was a late hit. He was giving himself up and out of bounds.

Absolutely should have been a late hit on Carson....very lucky to get that no call.....I'd be pissed if I was a Vandy fan

Why go for that hit? He was running out of bounds. You get the ball back

Does our wildcat seem like an afterthought? Like we maybe practice it the last 10 minutes of the day? We seem to get zero penetration.

No. The opposite. It seems like the main goal line package that they practice a lot but it doesn’t work in games.

I always hate seeing underdog teams like Vandy getting jobbed by the refs because it's so familiar to us. Even today I don't like it. Gotta protect the players.

Hartman was already wrapped up and walking out of bounds. Vandy qb could have made a move and kept running

It was definitely dumb and unnecessary but I didn’t think he was out of bounds yet. Definitely was giving himself up though.

really dumb play. i can see why that technically might not be a penalty, but it should be. (not sure the scope of the defenseless player definition)

Like the aggressive play by Carson, but that’s kind of a dumb play. Definitely should have been a late hit call

Yeah I've seen qbs tip toe the line to pick up a few extra yards too many times to think that should be a flag.

Sam was wrapped up and moving backwards, no chance for him to advance.

Back