• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Athletics: Uptown Funk

jamesda3

Reaction score
Didn't see it posted anywhere so I apologize if it was. Good to see our teams enjoying themselves I have good feeling things are about to turn around in our major revenue sports.

So Wake Forest. They edited out "damn."

Who are the football players dancing at the beginning?

Only about four months late to the party.

Sounds about right

I thought he was referring to the video being released with the athletic season about over with Mountain SuckIT. I don't understand why you don't have anything better to do in your miserable life than to pick on people who give no shits about you. Grow up.

This is great. Bury Wake Will and replace it with this. The golfers seal the deal.

Coming Soon - Wake athletes take the Ice Bucket Challenge!!!

Pretty sure it's a reference to this song being culturally relevant six months ago, and how the AD is always about that far behind when comes to doing anything.

Case in point. UNC uploaded an Uptown Funk video to YouTube two weeks before Wake's video. Same time last year, Wake uploaded a Happy video two weeks after UNC did theirs.

Lipsync videos, uniforms, online recruiting, indoor practice facilities, and on the field or court of play, Wake athletics is continually playing catchup.

Eh. Uptown Funk has strong Song of the Summer potential, even though it came out 6 months ago. Timing doesn't bother me.

As long as the athletes are having a good time and reveling in Wake Forest its a win to me.

Case in point. UNC uploaded an Uptown Funk video to YouTube two weeks before Wake's video. Same time last year, Wake uploaded a Happy video two weeks after UNC did theirs.

Lipsync videos, uniforms, online recruiting, indoor practice facilities, and on the field or court of play, Wake athletics is continually playing catchup.

It appears the video was the opening for the Black & Golden Globes, an end of the year awards party the athletic department holds as a fun event for the student athletes, which occurred Saturday night (hence the timing). Here is a story on the event and the award winners http://www.wakeforestsports.com/genrel/050215aac.html?wappref=std Sorry to interrupt the outrage.

Back