• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

i'll say it again.... class of 2022 is starting to be concerning

If we get Zach Keller then that changes my views dramatically.

I don't think we will take more than 3 players this class. Starting to think only 2. Want to leave some ships open for the portal.

we should take note of all the guys who visited but signed elsewhere so we can make Appreciation Threads for each of them

i'll say it again.... class of 2022 is starting to be concerning

I could see the 22 "recruiting class" be multiple players from the portal. Wake will have a bigger need for bigs again. Maybe a need filled by a few guys from G5 schools who blossomed late.

ETA:

Not a lot of obvious immediate playing g time to sell in 22.

Last edited:
May have to let season play out and see what happens. If its a big success and we get back to dance, the recruits will come.

Let's not not think about the alternative right now.

Wake's roster for 22-23 is more of an enigma than that of most schools. The roster changed greatly from fall20 to fall 21. Will Wake start even 2 guys in the first game of the 21 season who started the first game in 20?

How many starters and rotation players from the 21 season will be using an extra Covid year in 22? ? How many will go and get paid to play full time without the distraction of going to class? Recruits will go where they at least think they have a legitimate shot at immediate playing time, if not starting. Right now, open starting roles are not visible on the 22 Wake roster.

Nobody knows how the underclassmen will perform at Wake. So recruits are going where the scene is a little clearer.

Lawrence has offers from VA Tech, Cal, Nebraska, Depaul and Wake, legit shooter who is 6’3, good rebounder and solid defender. played on the same high school team as 4star Corey Floyd and 5 star Wilcher and were plenty nights he outplayed both of them. i trust our staff to evaluate, comparing this to Manning is laughable.

Lawrence has offers from VA Tech, Cal, Nebraska, Depaul and Wake, legit shooter who is 6’3, good rebounder and solid defender. played on the same high school team as 4star Corey Floyd and 5 star Wilcher and were plenty nights he outplayed both of them. i trust our staff to evaluate, comparing this to Manning is laughable.

I hope you’re right. I quickly looked at his scouting profiles and it is underwhelming. Reminds me of how we had a lot of high profile offers and visits all 6 years under Manning but ended up taking a lot of +300 ranked 2.5 star recruits.

Well, just because they evaluate that all their prior offers weren't accepted (or seem unlikely to be) and move on down their (possibly perfectly evaluated list) begs the question. Knowing what order to give committable offers equate to an improved roster.

Also, I think the "playing time" excuse in the context WFU basketball is nuts. I get the idea that these recruits don't remember when we were good; that seems right to me. But no one who is going to take us to the next level will be afraid to compete for playing time on a WFU basketball team, give our recent past.

I'm not saying our recruiting is going badly. I'm saying if it was going badly it would look just like this. Manning used to hand out offers to good players like AOL used to mail CDs, and that got us nowhere. I love Forbes and think he'll get it turned around. But rationalizing a lack of success (on the court or the recruiting boards) isn't going to make us better.

Well, just because they evaluate that all their prior offers weren't accepted (or seem unlikely to be) and move on down their (possibly perfectly evaluated) list begs the question. Knowing what order to give committable offers does not equate to an improved roster.

Also, I think the "playing time" excuse in the context WFU basketball is nuts. I get the idea that these recruits don't remember when we were good; that seems right to me. But no one who is going to take us to the next level will be afraid to compete for playing time on a WFU basketball team, given our recent past.

I'm not saying our recruiting is going badly. I'm saying if it was going badly it would look just like this. Manning used to hand out offers to good players like AOL used to mail CDs, and that got us nowhere. I love Forbes and think he'll get it turned around. But rationalizing a lack of success (on the court or the recruiting boards) isn't going to make us better.

Me type bad, and it wouldn't let me edit. Fixed above.

High praise for him here:
https://hoopseen.com/news/player/20...more-talks-growing-florida-and-picking-offers

ASHEVILLE, NC - I have been covering high school basketball for close to 14 years around the Southeast and some nationally. For Western North Carolina and the Asheville area, I have not seen a true freshman impact the game and dominate the competition the way that Rakease Passmore did this past season at AC Reynolds High School since Erwin High School standout Rashad McCants twenty-three years ago back in 1998.

The 6-foot-4 prospect looks like he could be a wing at the college level. He has elite Florida athleticism (a different breed, me and Justin Young rave about) , attacks the rim, can get past defenders with his quick first-step and handle, he grabs rebounds with ferocity, Passmore is a good passer and he seems to be a really good teammate. The future is bright for the kid from The Sunshine State.

WF basketball has not crushed it with the recruiting of the HS Class of 2022. There is no denying that. Lots of near misses, but in recruiting, Ricky Bobby is right: "If you're not first, you're last".

Love Forbes and have total faith in his ability to build a program including recruit. That said, WF is coming off a decade of in basketball incompetence, and has finished the last 3 basketball seasons ranked outside the top 100 in college basketball. To give an example of how low WF basketball has fallen, a college named "Bellarmine", who played their first season as a D1 program this past year, had a better ranking than WF basketball in 2021. Over the past few years, WF is arguably the worst Power Conference program in the nation. So, despite his charisma and enthusiasm, even Steve Forbes isn't going to immediately pull top 150 recruits away from programs that have been significantly better than WF for a decade. WF basketball is going to have to show progress on the court first to get higher rated recruits to buy-in (and fans for that matter). Feel confident that Forbes will do that in 2021-22 with a roster mix of his own recruits, transfers and international talent. Not saying we are dancing this year, but if we can be a tough out, play competitive games and get to .500, recruiting will get easier as the program builds momentum. Really important that WF basketball to take a step forward this year. Think it will happen.

Last edited:
KRR's PG comment was based on the recruit's name. And from Ph's link, Passmore is indeed a good passer

Back