• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

We have 3 freshmen who rarely play and two other freshmen whose pt is dwindling as the season goes on. In 2022 transfer portal world, I just don’t see a scenario where all 5 come back. I hope they do because all 5 seem to have real potential but this is not 1990 or even 2010 anymore

Sure but we also have Steve Fuckin Forbes. His players love him and he has the skill set to get them to buy in.l to the program.

i think the guys that choose to return will be because 1 - they really like each other 2 - the feel like this season left a bad taste in their mouths and think they can (mostly) run it back with success. we'll see what pro options are available and if that overcomes 1 and 2.

I hate to speculate on this kind of thing, but I doubt wed be giving out 2022 offers unless we knew we'd be having some serious turnover, OR Mintz isn't heading our way. But who knows.

Never hurts to keep working all recruiting angles. Have to have backup plans. It doesn’t say we extended an offer.

We’ve got 2 open spots even if everyone comes back that can. I guess we may not want to tie up all our spots but we’d have one for a transfer even if we were able to sign one more ‘22.

Out - Alondes, Sy, Lester/Ingraham spot
In - Keller

i'm sure we'll have more than 2 available spots open

I hate to speculate on this kind of thing, but I doubt wed be giving out 2022 offers unless we knew we'd be having some serious turnover, OR Mintz isn't heading our way. But who knows.

doesn't say we offered that kid, just that we've been in contact

we should definitely be contacting kids regardless of what we think we know about our current team and prospects

Mucius, Walton and Williamson have a lot to think about in the off-season. Would be great if they all came back.

There is a lot of competition at guard. Someone is going to earn minutes. It is wide open for McCrary/Whitt/Mintz/TBD transfer PG. If Williamson is back, he will eat some of these minutes as well.

The 2 is just as interesting between Taylor/Monsanto/Hildreth/Williamson/Transfer? Guess you can throw some of Mucius' minutes in there for some lineups, but he is mostly 3. Would imagine a healthy Monsanto going into next year is going to be hard to beat out. Taylor vs. Hildreth should be interesting, with Williamson taking the rest if he is back.

Would love to see Jake take some more time at the 3 in big lineups, Mucius/Monsanto rotate in this spot.

Jake is the main 4. Can Keller break through for some minutes here?

The 5 is Walton/Marsh. Could Keller be the 5 in some lineups, sounds like he is good off the glass.

Some cool lineup options. I like the idea of Monsanto at the 2, opens up the rest of the lineup for either size or shooting ability depending on matchups. Would need a lot of confidence in our PG for these.
Size - PG, Monsanto, Jake, Keller, Walton/Marsh
Offensive skill - PG, Monsanto, Mucius, Jake, Keller
Defensive wall - PG, Monsanto, Jake, Walton, Marsh

Is it a definite that Walton could come back or would it be dependent on getting a waiver?

In the NIL world guys like Daivien, Zay, and Dallas should be able to make as much at Wake next year as they would in a lower level professional league.

Is it a definite that Walton could come back or would it be dependent on getting a waiver?

I think he needs an injury waiver for an additional year. However, the NCAA has been pretty liberal with them of late. See Miles Fox as an example.

I think he needs an injury waiver for an additional year. However, the NCAA has been pretty liberal with them of late. See Miles Fox as an example.

yea he needs a waiver but i doubt he'll have a ton of trouble

In the NIL world guys like Daivien, Zay, and Dallas should be able to make as much at Wake next year as they would in a lower level professional league.

This is an excellent point, but I don't think it's true at Wake (yet, maybe?).

Who would be hardest to replace for this team: Mucius, Walton or Williamson?

As the season has gone on Walton has proven to be a presence on both offense and D.

There are probably serviceable guards/small forwards that can shoot decently in the portal. Not sure there are many 7 footers with his skillset.

Hope all 3 come back, and Forbes & assistants will have an easy story to sell to any grad students or top transfers if needed.

We could go into next season with a lot of experience, again. Sprinkle in some young talent and figure out PG and I see no reason why we can’t be towards the top of the league in Forbes’ third season.

Just gotta beef up that OOC schedule.

Also lol that CBB went from worrying about guys leaving too soon to now wanting them to stay a fifth and sixth season!

Just clone "Man Man" would be great to find another with similar attributes. Never underestimate Dr. Forbes. He may find someone!

Who would be hardest to replace for this team: Mucius, Walton or Williamson?

As the season has gone on Walton has proven to be a presence on both offense and D.

There are probably serviceable guards/small forwards that can shoot decently in the portal. Not sure there are many 7 footers with his skillset.

Hope all 3 come back, and Forbes & assistants will have an easy story to sell to any grad students or top transfers if needed.

We could go into next season with a lot of experience, again. Sprinkle in some young talent and figure out PG and I see no reason why we can’t be towards the top of the league in Forbes’ third season.

Just gotta beef up that OOC schedule.

Also lol that CBB went from worrying about guys leaving too soon to now wanting them to stay a fifth and sixth season!

I would love to have all 3 back BUT some major considerations have to be the impact on Marsh, Hildreth, Monsanto, Rob, Lucas and yes, even Carter. I see Marsh’s role seriously advancing even with Keller. I can also see Monsanto not pleased if Zay returns. And Daivien impacts 4 guards. Glad it isn’t my discussions.

I would love to have all 3 back BUT some major considerations have to be the impact on Marsh, Hildreth, Monsanto, Rob, Lucas and yes, even Carter. I see Marsh’s role seriously advancing even with Keller. I can also see Monsanto not pleased if Zay returns. And Daivien impacts 4 guards. Glad it isn’t my discussions.

Gotta think Monsanto starts in ManMan's spot next year.

I get the feeling with Forbes if guys earn time, they’ll play. There’s plenty of time for all the young guys if they earn it.

Walton, a 7 foot rim protector is a great guy to have. Walton has played more minutes in this season than in any previous one. Forbes has shown the willingness to play his two bigs (Walton and Sy) together. Walton has shown three point range. No clue about Marsh. If Marsh makes the usual freshman to soph jump, he should fill Sy's minutes, plus some maybe.

Back