• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Maybe we shouldn’t bring in any recruits while bull riders are on our “home” basketball venue.

What an embrassment. That would never happen a school that takes basketball seriously.

Maybe we shouldn’t bring in any recruits while bull riders are on our “home” basketball venue.

What an embrassment. That would never happen a school that takes basketball seriously.

Do you mean like when PBR goes to Rupp Arena in January 2023?

Or does UK not take basketball seriously?

Rupp has been & remains a serious liability for Kentucky. Kansas, Villanova, & Duke have predictably crushed them the last decade.

When the YUM Center was built anyone with foresight could see that big time college players want to go to schools and play in venues that have the feel of an NBA atmosphere. Players don't go to Duke so they can play in CIS. They have gone to Duke because of Coach K and how quickly they can move on to the next level. Your outlook on college basketball venues is so outdated. It held some truth in the 90s but that is a bygone era. Guys want to play in big venues that feel like NBA arenas. That is what UK is doing with Rupp (which again, one the YUM Center opened their hand was played).

Also, those schools haven't crushed UK in basketball the last decade and no one predicted it (I'm sure you will say you did, however).

Coach K strongly disagrees with you. Wake Forest has tried your approach for 30 disastrous years.

Coach K has nothing to do with this. But you may want to ask head coaches what it is that players look for when picking their school. If you think Kentucky players would rather go back to playing Memorial Coliseum instead of a renovated Rupp Arena that will look and feel like an NBA venue, you're beyond delusional. Personally I would love that, but no one asks my opinion.

When I was in Vegas a few years ago the national rodeo championship was happening at unlv’s arena. During basketball season!

Literally something that won't be mentioned or noticed by the prospect, and something that will have absolutely ZERO percent to do with his decision.
Can always count on this guy to have the absoute worst takes on every subject.

New OGB looks pretty crisp. Good work!

Yes, when I think of Kentucky I think of a school that struggles to brings in top recruits due to playing in Rupp arena. C'mon man.

In 2012, with just a few phone calls, he rounded up several million dollars to upgrade the locker rooms at Rupp Arena.

“They showed me the locker room. It smelled like urine. Pee! That’s what it smelled like. You know why it smelled like pee? The circus was in there the week before,” Calipari said Thursday. “Do you know what elephants do? They pee. How about a giraffe. Did you ever see a giraffe pee? It’s five minutes. So now all of a sudden, you figure out that the entire building had one unit that heated and cooled everything, including the locker room. So if it was 90 degrees in that arena, it was 90 degrees in that locker room. One-oh-five? Do you know what pee does at 105? And I went in and said, ‘We can’t do this.’

How will we recruit when the Joel smells like bull piss?

DR is a lunatic, but he is kinda right that Rupp Arena is too big and kinda becoming a liability for Kentucky. Real average attendance for Kentucky games last season was probably 18k with 22k capacity. Weekday non-con games probably 15k. That’s a lot of empty seats

Great midnight visit by Full Staff with Cosby this morning, first possible minute of open recruiting, then back here to pick up McDowell for official weekend visit followed by flight Sunday to see Dioubate. We will not be outworked.

Back