• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

I don't think that's a dumb question, but short of reaching out to RTQ directly, I doubt we will have much info, if any, on current or projected funds. Also, I'd imagine most of that is confidential anyways.

thanks in large part to the board of RTQ, we are not behind in the NIL space.

That said, relying strictly on the board isn't going to be a sustainable model every single year into the future though.

I think most were always skeptical of Manning’s actual coaching ability but felt he could be a high level recruiter so the Hoard commitment seemed like proof of that. Things fell apart quite quickly from there obviously.

Manning sucked and his clueless interviews saying the same shit game after game, season after season made it clear he didnt know what the hell he was doing.
The first four team was 19-13 (9-9) heading into the selection show.
It’s crazy he got a chance to coach 3 more seasons in which he went 11-20, 11-20, and 13-18.

Hmm does Danny deserve another season? I can't be wrong. He'll turn it around next year. I'm sure of it. Those assholes at ogboards are gonna feel like idiots.
-one of many jackass ronnie's in this world

Manning sucked and his clueless interviews saying the same shit game after game, season after season made it clear he didnt know what the hell he was doing.
The first four team was 19-13 (9-9) heading into the selection show.
It’s crazy he got a chance to coach 3 more seasons in which he went 11-20, 11-20, and 13-18.
What was our record last year and what was our seeding in the tourney? Amazing how things have changed in what feels like a short time.

I think most were always skeptical of Manning’s actual coaching ability but felt he could be a high level recruiter so the Hoard commitment seemed like proof of that. Things fell apart quite quickly from there obviously.
Not to spend too much time dredging up the past, but about once every 2-3 months I'm reminded of how positive the Myrtle Beach tournament ended, with two wins after St. Joe's shot the doors off of them in the opener. It felt like an identity had been discovered, they could win some tough, gritty games, the whole "we're going to be long and athletic on the wings" thing was going to actually work. I remember driving out of their last game down there thinking, "Well, they might have something. Not an NCAA team, but maybe winning record and NIT."

Their next game was Houston Baptist on Black Friday.

I don't recall enough to deny that and I do remember that we had a disastrous start to the following year that had people jumping off the bandwagon real quick, but at some point a few years ago I went back through some old threads and pretty sure there was some really huge / consensus excitement (granted, for a very short period of time)

Anyway, getting a top HS commitment would be huge since, imo, that's been Forbes biggest weakness so far -- but I think for most of the fanbase, we need to get back into the tournament.
Went back a little to see what reactions were on the recruiting thread mid-2017. I generally remember all of our players (at least a recognition if someone else mentions them), but I truly have no memory of Melo Eggleston.

Agree that Slater is usually right, but he did say gut feeling here. That’s not a sure thing.

So I’ll stay cautious (for my sanity).

Agree that Slater is usually right, but he did say gut feeling here. That’s not a sure thing.

So I’ll stay cautious (for my sanity).
If we're into the bribing recruits game now as RTQ tells us, I don't see us losing this one. This is the kind of recruitment we lost to bribes the last 18 months, but if we're matching the bribe we'll land him. Won't be a repeat of McDowell and those guys.

Wasn’t really expecting VT to be the competition for Harris.

Just looked it up and Harris is #37 on Rivals. Had no idea he was that highly rated (I mean I knew he was a stud, but didn’t realize he was that much of a stud).

Man, it’d be great to land him—he’d fit in so perfectly in this offense and put up monster numbers.

If we're into the bribing recruits game now as RTQ tells us, I don't see us losing this one. This is the kind of recruitment we lost to bribes the last 18 months, but if we're matching the bribe we'll land him. Won't be a repeat of McDowell and those guys.
Wrong thread, and pretty shitty honestly to insinuate that high school kids are accepting bribes, especially one who is hot to come to Wake.

Hate the system (as you do), but keep it aimed at the system, and keep it on your own stupid thread so you stop derailing every single other one.

If he does go to VT I will definitely enter an irrational emotional spiral. Just in time for the weekend!

Okay no more negative vibes.

I would literally bribe you to stop.

Back