• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Bobi. He didn’t get hardly
Who are we talking about that could not earn playing time on a terrible team
Who are we talking about that could not earn playing time on a terrible team?

Wake was not a great team. I’m good with saying they were a bad team. Terrible? Again, it must have been fun to type that, I guess. And Bobi played in 33 games, so
Sorry but before Bzzz/Manning years happened not making postseason would be considered terrible but guess we can settle on mediocre. BobI was largely a non factor the first 20 games outside a game or 2 with wildly inconsistent mins played until last 10 or so games when the game slowed down and started to shine and was a 30+ min guy. But that is not enough for nba scouts to risk picking him with no real acclaim before WF.

Yeah, the lost decade happened.

Also NBA scouts are obviously going to weight the last ten games of the season far, far more then they will weight the first 20. Obviously. Just like they would draft an obviously injured player who didn’t do shit for the #335 team in the country because they saw potential.

I don’t know whether he will stay in the draft or not but to say the NBA wouldn’t draft on potential (or more to the point, that someone would suggest to Bobi or someone close to Bobi that it’s in his best financial interest to stay in the draft) seems naive.

Who are we talking about that could not earn playing time on a terrible team?

Wake was not a great team. I’m good with saying they were a bad team. Terrible? Again, it must have been fun to type that, I guess. And Bobi played in 33 games, so
Yea terrible is certainly a major stretch. They were somewhere between bad and not great. It's less that Bobi didn't earn playing time and more that he just needs time to bulk up and adjust to the college game, like most guys do. His ceiling is way higher than most, but he was starting from a typical freshman starting point.

Sure, Baldwin and Klintman are not perfect comparisons. This doesn't change the fact that the statement that Klintman was a "bench player from a bad college team" is untrue, and unnecessary, or the fact that the NBA drafts unproven players on potential every year

I think the thing that gets lost in the Bobi conversation is that NBA teams (and the league's structure in general) are getting more confident with aggressive player development, both because of the maturation of the G League and because of increased focus on being early on the sort of physical toolboxes that we're talking about with Bobi.

I get that we have incredible facilities, and our own program's developmental bona fides speak for themselves, but an NBA team can credibly argue that a prospect would have a better shot at developing under their tutelage than ours, and it only takes one to convince Bobi that that's true (even regardless of draft commitments like "we'll take you at [x slot]")

I have no idea if he comes back, and I personally think it makes more sense for him to, given the relative strength of the two drafts, but it would be pretty unsurprising if he leaves IMO.

Last edited:
To clarify my position on a player I really like, I think it's entirely possible, if not probable, that Bobi would get drafted in the second round this season. I also think it's unlikely that he would be a first round pick because of how much of a project he is at the next level.

Given the importance of going in the first round to any reasonable calculus, I think he comes back to Wake. If he can show a more reliable handle and driving ability, combined with his size and outside shooting, I can easily see why he'd be a first round pick next season.

Yeah, the lost decade happened.

Also NBA scouts are obviously going to weight the last ten games of the season far, far more then they will weight the first 20. Obviously. Just like they would draft an obviously injured player who didn’t do shit for the #335 team in the country because they saw potential.

I don’t know whether he will stay in the draft or not but to say the NBA wouldn’t draft on potential (or more to the point, that someone would suggest to Bobi or someone close to Bobi that it’s in his best financial interest to stay in the draft) seems naive.

Just like the NCAA March Madness committee . . . Oh wait.

Sure, Baldwin and Klintman are not perfect comparisons. This doesn't change the fact that the statement that Klintman was a "bench player from a bad college team" is untrue, and unnecessary, or the fact that the NBA drafts unproven players on potential every year
My point isn't to argue about how good last year was, but unless you think missing the postseason altogether is good, last year was bad, and Bobi was objectively a bench player.

Virtually everyone agrees that Bobi is unlikely to be a first round pick and would probably be well served to come back and position himself to be a high pick next year. Doesn’t mean he’ll come back though. Guys leave college early all the time and end up in the second round, undrafted, G League, wherever. But by all means continue to speak in absolutely definitive terms about what’s going to happen.

Back