• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

By my count, the Deacs had 6 strikeouts looking vs. Stanford and 7 vs. LSU. And in addition to those, there were at least a handful of 2 strikes right down the pike looking that along with the ump's meandering strike zone had our batters defensively swinging for a 3rd strike at pitches that you'd probably let go by earlier in the count. Nothing that hasn't already been stated, but further states how much our not getting the bats off the shoulder has put us in position to need a late rallies.
Having said that, the fact remains that for all our hitting woes to-date, against two of the top teams in the country we had "walk-off" victories, not needing to take any at-ats in the 9th inning. And even when things looked kinda' grim in the later innings, being the home team and knowing we'd get the last crack at it seemed to be a strong psychological advantage for the Deacs. We'll be the away team tomorrow(correct?), so I think it's important that we get the bats going earlier and make them play from behind down the stretch.
Sorry, wrong thread.

Looks like we have a campus visit with Bishop Boswell on August 2. He's already visited Xavier and Missouri while scheduled for an on-campus with Georgetown this week. Any Insiders have an idea re. our chances with him?

from TOB, feeling good about him. Also some mention perhaps G-town out of the running.

Looks like we have a campus visit with Bishop Boswell on August 2. He's already visited Xavier and Missouri while scheduled for an on-campus with Georgetown this week. Any Insiders have an idea re. our chances with him?

Forbes was at the NC HS championship game to see Boswell, who teamed up with three other high-major recruits to win the chip. So that's good. I've heard he's had a good summer. I've got no special intelligence on the situation though.

You know who else would look good in a Wake Forest uniform? Betty Grable. You talk about a set of gams!

Of course, I don't think she can play basketball.

And she died 50 years ago.

But yeah, get me Bishop Boswell!

My first thought was perhaps Reid was informed he wouldn’t get a waiver and would seek to move closer to home, opening the door for a C at Wake. But that doesn’t seem likely.

My first thought was perhaps Reid was informed he wouldn’t get a waiver and would seek to move closer to home, opening the door for a C at Wake. But that doesn’t seem likely.
Jon Bol is a high school kid who will enroll in college (maybe)in the summer of 2024. Reid is enrolled at Wake and the plan is for him to play the 2023-2024 basketball season at Wake. Said plan Subject to Reud getting a waiver allowing him to play his one remaining season of eligibility immediately. If he doesn't get the waiver, he could be playing in 2024-2025, when Bol would begin his college career.

I've seen this sentiment a few times so clearing things up:

• Reid has not been informed yes or no in terms of his waiver
  • Even if he gets an initial no, there's an appeals process so this will take a little bit to get resolved. The NCAA has really no incentive to not drag their feet
  • If Reid is informed he isn't eligible for this season, he won't be transferring. There is zero benefit for him to up and move to another school because he didn't get a waiver. He'll just eat a redshirt year.

Back