• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

He's unranked by Rivals. He's unranked by ESPN. He's 164 by 247. I'm not losing a single wink of sleeping over lost this guy.

" Also has craftiness in the midrange and finishes at the rim but not as a high rising finisher... Can guard the two through the four but is not known for his lateral quickness."

With all the guards we have, Hildreth can play some SF at 6'5.

We need the scholarship more much more than we need him.

Aren't you on record as saying that rankings are pretty much meaningless this year?

Forbes wanted him, and that's enough for me to be at least a little disappointed.

https://rgvsports.com/news/106917/utrgvs-rhea-thriving-after-long-road-back-to-di-college-basketball/

Not sure on this one. Always give Forbes the benefit of the doubt, but not sure this guy is a great fit (aside from having the size to play the 4).

ETA - Link above provids some color on Sean Rhea's story...

Forbes may see some of his own story in this guy's saga. Sounds like he finally has it all together. Some people just take longer. If he's a guy Forbes wants, bring him on.

https://rgvsports.com/news/106917/utrgvs-rhea-thriving-after-long-road-back-to-di-college-basketball/

Not sure on this one. Always give Forbes the benefit of the doubt, but not sure this guy is a great fit (aside from having the size to play the 4).

ETA - Link above provids some color on Sean Rhea's story...

The ACC would certainly be a big step up in competition but I would guess he would be an improvement over what we currently have. Also, considering all of his time away from basketball, he may not be playing at his peak yet. Unless Forbes is able to land some quality freshmen, going the grad transfer route makes a lot of sense.

Aren't you on record as saying that rankings are pretty much meaningless this year?

Forbes wanted him, and that's enough for me to be at least a little disappointed.

I take rankings much less seriously this year. You can see wider variations than I can ever remember.

As you can see, my not caring about Applewhite is combination of issues. Rankings is one of them. Not being a "high rising finisher" and "not known for lateral quickness" are more serious to me. As is the fact that no really highly rated programs were after him. Looking at our roster mix is another factor.

I am not saying you do this often. However, your post is a perfect example of a problem that has permeated the boards for decades. Posts are made with many facets but reported as if there was only one thing said. I gave multiple reasons for not wanting him, but you took only one and left the other supporting reasons behind. That's just not right.

Last edited:
Hard pass.

Poor man's Devin Thomas with crazy baggage.

I'd kill to have Devin Thomas on this team.

But agree on Hard Pass. A PF at a podunk school who only averages 6.2 rpg and has had issues is not worth wasting a scholarship on.

I am not saying you do this often. However, your post is a perfect example of a problem that has permeated the boards for decades. Posts are made with many facets but reported as if there was only one thing said. I gave multiple reasons for not wanting him, but you took only one and left the other supporting reasons behind. That's just not right.

Fair, but I was criticizing the portion of your post that I felt was in opposition to other things you've said.

I don't have a whole lot to say about the other reasons you mentioned... I haven't seen enough of Applewhite to argue that you're wrong about him not being quick or a finisher.

My broader point was that if Forbes was high enough on him to recruit him all the way until his decision to go elsewhere, that's good enough for me. I don't have to coach this team... I just critique from here in my basement.

Worth noting that Sean Rhea is 6th on the team in minutes, yet is pretty much their most productive player.

Positive: 6.2 rebounds in less than 20 mpg is pretty darn good!
Negative: Why is he playing less than 20 mpg?

Forbes may see some of his own story in this guy's saga. Sounds like he finally has it all together. Some people just take longer. If he's a guy Forbes wants, bring him on.

I agree with this. And we definitely need a PF.

Fair, but I was criticizing the portion of your post that I felt was in opposition to other things you've said.

I don't have a whole lot to say about the other reasons you mentioned... I haven't seen enough of Applewhite to argue that you're wrong about him not being quick or a finisher.

My broader point was that if Forbes was high enough on him to recruit him all the way until his decision to go elsewhere, that's good enough for me. I don't have to coach this team... I just critique from here in my basement.

But this isn't Jenga. You can't legitimately take something away from a post because it works for your position

Samford forward Christian Guess has entered the transfer portal, source told ESPN. Averaged 15.1 points and 9.0 rebounds in 10 games this season.

Doesn't shoot the 3, is a big guard or undersized wing. Probably not worth taking a look at.

Samford forward Christian Guess has entered the transfer portal, source told ESPN. Averaged 15.1 points and 9.0 rebounds in 10 games this season.

Doesn't shoot the 3, is a big guard or undersized wing. Probably not worth taking a look at.

Guess started at Missouri, and then transferred to Samford. Samford played a transition style; so, Guess's numbers are a little inflated (also Samford was 2-8 in games when Guess played). He can't shoot the 3. Finally, he bailed on his team late in the season.

Transfer portal definitely picking up some steam these last few days. I can only imagine what it'll look like in ~2 weeks.

Free for all.

Transfer portal definitely picking up some steam these last few days. I can only imagine what it'll look like in ~2 weeks.

Free for all.

It will be. One thing to note about the portal: it's going to be a game of musical chairs because the HS class of 2021 is coming in, but teams can only go over the 13 scholly limit to keep their own seniors. So, there are going to be fewer available ships than there are players. So, lots of guys in the portal are going to end up at schools below the level that they are anticipating.

It will be. One thing to note about the portal: it's going to be a game of musical chairs because the HS class of 2021 is coming in, but teams can only go over the 13 scholly limit to keep their own seniors. So, there are going to be fewer available ships than there are players. So, lots of guys in the portal are going to end up at schools below the level that they are anticipating.

So does that mean Wake can recruit to backfill where guys like Dubose would ordinarily be leaving, but then keep the would-be graduates if they want to?

We have one scholarship, unless someone transfers out.

Jonah, Ian, and Jalen can come back if they want, but we don’t get another scholarship if they leave.

Back