• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Mid-season transfer is an interesting idea. But it makes more sense to sign a grad transfer that doesn't cost a scholarship next year rather than holding a scholarship for next year.

Only if it is somebody who is good enough to see the court.

He mentioned there is value in depth, of course... But you aren't going to play 13 guys.

I think at this stage of the rebuild, having a scholarship to play with isn't a bad thing.

But we'll see.

What I heard him say today, reading between the lines, is that he is going to use one of the remaining scholarships on a perimeter player and unless something unforeseen happens he is going to hold that last scholarship for a Carter Whitt scenario.

Wonder if he's also thinking of the potential of grabbing a better recruit in the future when he's able to host them on campus again?

Well, at least I gave him a "Go Deacs" when I hugged him! His mom attended UT, so it was a long shot from the start.

I think it's interesting that he's not looking for another post player. There seem to be minutes available.

What I heard him say today, reading between the lines, is that he is going to use one of the remaining scholarships on a perimeter player and unless something unforeseen happens he is going to hold that last scholarship for a Carter Whitt scenario.

But the Carter Whitt scenario was specific to this year where he was able to play most of the season without losing eligibility.

I think it's interesting that he's not looking for another post player. There seem to be minutes available.

I think Tariq will be a good one. Forbes bragged on him in his presser this morning. Tariq can score...Needs to slim down and add muscle.

I think Tariq will be a good one. Forbes bragged on him in his presser this morning. Tariq can score...Needs to slim down and add muscle.

Sure, but that's 4 true post players. Is Tariq going to play the 4 and 5?

Yeah, but people here seem really resistant to the idea of Mucius playing the 4.

Yeah, I'm sure there are excellent reasons for Forbes' target positions, but to my untrained eye it looks like we have a shit-ton of mostly interchangeable 1-3's and not enough true 4-5's.

I also don't think our interchangeable 1-3's are good enough to just stick 5 of them out there and play Baylor-ball.

I don't know the Forbes wants many "true" post players. He's got a couple that will provide size and versatility at 5/4. He's also got options if we're looking at playing 3/4 in similar ways in some line ups.

The system that Forbes want to run here only uses one traditionally big man on the floor at the time. We have three of them for some good competition amongst the team. Seems like Forbes is content with running LaRavia, Mucius, and maybe Monsanto? at the 4.

Yeah, but people here seem really resistant to the idea of Mucius playing the 4.

I get it, but in the last 5 games of the season, he played 69% of the minutes at the 4 (per KP). Massoud was the other 31%. When Massoud wasn’t playing the 4, he was the 5. Not ideal.

With the 5 more set this year, I think Mucius and LaRavia will get most of the 4 minutes.

LaRavia was mostly a 5 at Indiana State. He’ll be good at the 4 for us, I think.

Regardless, the Forbes commentary from today makes it sound like he feels good about the front court. Or at least better.

Hey I know those things. That’s why I had Mucius coming off the bench at the 4. Talk to the people who have him as the starting 3.

I still do. I don't expect Monsanto to be as important as Mucius next season.

Whitt/DWill/Mucius/LaRavia/Walton sounds like our best lineup on paper in my opinion.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Lots of competition.

Hey I know those things. That’s why I had Mucius coming off the bench at the 4. Talk to the people who have him as the starting 3.

OK. Just imagine I was talking to those people. And you and I can take solace in the fact that they’re idiots.

Back