• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Please stop. You are a self high fiving broken record dude.
If someone else would like to take a turn trying to provide a more succint breakdown of pay for play / NIL, be my guest. It's frustrating to see people that clearly don't understand what's going on then criticize recruiting results or say things that aren't close to accurate.

If someone else would like to take a turn trying to provide a more succint breakdown of pay for play / NIL, be my guest. It's frustrating to see people that clearly don't understand what's going on then criticize recruiting results or say things that aren't close to accurate.
Sometimes you can just let people say stuff.

duty_calls.png

You certainly can. Yet every NJDeac post gets at least 5-10 responses, mostly complaining that he said exactly what you all thought he was going to say.

Inaccurate things like ‘Sam Hartman is going to get $12 million for a single season at Norte Dame’ kind of inaccurate? Is that the kind of thing that frustrates you and you feel compelled to correct?

Really appreciate the updated board ignore feature that mutes both the original AND all quoted posts. I get to skip all of the garbage but still read the humorous mocking.

In rare cases schools are promising money they haven’t yet raised from boosters. With the $13M deal referenced earlier, the player is now suing which is hilarious. But yea, back to my original point, $400k from KU to McDowell is indeed the reason he committed there. Tennessee is another school throwing around similar money and as I’ve followed along with wake this recruiting cycle, once $EC or Kansas type schools get involved you move on to the next target. That’s been the case with half a dozen guys so far. Forbes is still finding a way to build nice rosters which is great.
Bacot got $800,000 per a donor.

Inaccurate things like ‘Sam Hartman is going to get $12 million for a single season at Norte Dame’ kind of inaccurate? Is that the kind of thing that frustrates you and you feel compelled to correct?
I never said that. I said $2M, some of which is up front and has already been paid.

I never said that. I said $2M, some of which is up front and has already been paid.
Thank you for correcting my inaccuracy. But, you actually said $5-$8 million for a single season, not $2mil.

Based on what? Florida offered a QB currently in high school over $10M to commit there. Sam is waaaay less of an unknown than that so saying he could get $7M(ish) for one year seems perfectly reasonable. Doing research instead of just deciding what you think is true is helpful.

Purely theoretical, but transfers are pulling in top dollar, a lot more than high schoolers, because they're a known commodity. Lots of big time recruits out of high school do nothing in college, and even the ones that do often only start for two years. We thought Brett Griffis was better than his brother and was the QB of the future, and he's gone without ever playing a game. If UF is willing to pay $10M+ for an unknown I'm confident they would pay at least $5M for one year of a known commodity. Maybe not $8M but $5M is still like 8 times what Sam would get in the NFL.

I said in both posts that those numbers were purely theoretical and a guess based on reported comps. Then, I was given information that it was $2M including a few hundred thousand that were paid upon commitment.
Right, "theoretical."

I said in both posts that those numbers were purely theoretical and a guess based on reported comps. Then, I was given information that it was $2M including a few hundred thousand that were paid upon commitment.
if you gotta type this, then you probably didn't have to type this and could just take a mini L

if you gotta type this, then you probably didn't have to type this and could just take a mini L
Clearly I overestimated what he would receive, but its very hard to predict or understand when the amount players are paid is not correlated with what they are worth to their program and is instead what one booster would like to fork over. Such a messed up system lol

Back