• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

He also went knucks up with a 7 footer at wake. Maybe Bradford didn't want history to repeat itself.

I kid, I kid
Ah the good old days...

To reframe the question, have we had a recruit this century to average 30+ in high school?

Ah the good old days...

To reframe the question, have we had a recruit this century to average 30+ in high school?
Chris-Paul-TBT-2.jpg

Paul finished the season with averages of 30.8 points, 5.9 rebounds, 9.5 assists, and 6 steals per game, leading West Forsyth to a 27–3 record and the Class 4A Eastern Regional finals.

JTT and Chase Fischer did off the top of my head
found this article. wowzers

Terrell has been given the title of ball-hog or black hole by some, but in his defense, and with all do respect to his teammates, he's usually the best player on the floor and is undoubtedly the best option for his team in just about every situation.

Asking Roy Williams to win the NCAA Tournament without a roster full of McDonald's All-Americans, Kim Kardashian to continue to stay relevant without a super-star boyfriend—it cannot be done.

Let J.T. do what J.T. does.

I would not be surprised to see Terrell has a better season than any of the All-Americans going to North Carolina or Duke. After the season the Tar Heels had this year I figured a guy who can get his own shot and score at will would be the No. 1 concern for Roy Williams. Though the recruiting process is over, the bitter taste of being shunned by his home-state power houses cannot possibly be out of Terrell's mouth yet.

He and the Demon Deacons will get four shots next season to show the Blue Devils and Tar Heels what they passed up on.

As part of a recruiting class that is full of talent but short on recognition, Terrell will be surrounded by players that will help him showcase his skills. Demon Deacons head coach <redacted> was able to keep the entire 2010 recruiting class intact after the unexpected firing of Dino Gaudio.

The Deacons could be the surprise team of not only the ACC, but the country. And if <redacted> can keep his own "Fab Five" intact for more than one season, the sky is the limit in Winston-Salem.

When he walked into the first day of summer school I thought, “This is the guy everybody is making such a big deal about? He’s so tiny.”
Totally. I was a freshman that 04-05 season so the hype was even bigger by then. The first time I saw him on campus I was like….this is the guy?

I was a sophomore when Rodney Rodgers was a freshman. I saw him walking up the stairs in my dorm and was blown away by his size. Then during pick up games in Reynolds before they started formal practice he was running in a game with a couple of Deacs mixed with the rest of us. Some cocky upperclassman went by him for a lay up and said something to the effect of "How does that feel Mr. All-American." RR said nothing, then about three possessions later he took a pass in transition, pinned the ball against that guy's face and dunked over him. "Probably not as bad as that." and he casually jogged back down the court.

I played against Rogers in a pro-am in Raleigh when after his sophomore year at Wake. After beating the dogshit out of my team, he was kind enough to get out of the way and let me dunk during the closing minute or so. That game was the 1st time I saw him reverse dunk an alley-oop. He then went on to do it against Tech his jr year.

Someone had made those black and gold graphics for each of them too. Just total cringe in retrospect.

I don’t see anything cringe about it. The board was trying to help hold on to what on paper was a good recruiting class. The recruits saw them and liked them. I doubt it played any role in keeping them other than showing the fans knew who they were and were excited about them. No harm done. Sucks [Redacted] couldn’t do anything right and the class turned out to be a bust.

Oh I know, I got it then, it’s just looking back now it’s just another emblem of our false, false excitement.

Did Melvin tabb even make it to campus?

Back