• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

If you value winning above honesty, there is literally no better way to help the program rn than doing that, I 100% agree, tho the use of the word donation is questionable lol. Regardless of all the things I decry, I’m happy for our staff. They hate this crap just as much as me but they hate losing recruits at the 11th hour even more, and this time it was Wake’s 11th hour bid that won it.
1679694624042.gif

If you value winning above honesty, there is literally no better way to help the program rn than doing that, I 100% agree, tho the use of the word donation is questionable lol. Regardless of all the things I decry, I’m happy for our staff. They hate this crap just as much as me but they hate losing recruits at the 11th hour even more, and this time it was Wake’s 11th hour bid that won it.
I clearly value winning above all after 20 plus years of not seeing us advance in the ACCT. I hope this kid sleeps with $100 bills all over his bed tonight. I’m not even sure it’s true but I’m fucking thrilled if we outbid teams like Kansas, Miami and LSU. Let’s.fucking.gooooo!

I clearly value winning above all after 20 plus years of not seeing us advance in the ACCT. I hope this kid sleeps with $100 bills all over his bed tonight. I’m not even sure it’s true but I’m fucking thrilled if we outbid teams like Kansas, Miami and LSU. Let’s.fucking.gooooo!
RTQ has told us it’s true, and yes Wake can now outbid anyone it wants to like I said. It’s also why I said when this stuff first happened that it would help basketball more than football. We can outbid any school for 1 or maybe 2 guys a year in basketball and that’s all you need, but we can’t outbid major football schools for 12 4 stars a year.

‘24 might be rapped up. Haven’t done the scholarship math and the staff seems comfortable opening up schollies as needed, but we may just save any additional spots for the portal. Would love to see a big in ‘25.

RTQ has told us it’s true, and yes Wake can now outbid anyone it wants to like I said. It’s also why I said when this stuff first happened that it would help basketball more than football. We can outbid any school for 1 or maybe 2 guys a year in basketball and that’s all you need, but we can’t outbid major football schools for 12 4 stars a year.
Yes. Almost like having Nostradamus on the boards with your crazy basketball over football theory. I hope they’re able to arrange a bus so you can see this team dominate in person.

Yes. Almost like having Nostradamus on the boards with your crazy basketball over football theory. I hope they’re able to arrange a bus so you can see this team dominate in person.
Lol. I love wake football, just hate the football centric decision makers nationally. It’s just simple math as it pertains to pay for play, and it’s why smaller schools historically favor basketball.

I will say this: Wake is NOT going to be outbid anymore. Tennessee threw some major paper at the eleventh hour and we matched it. Also, yea if we wanted Sam to stay we would have outbid ND’s offer too.
Looks like VT’s 247 guy followed it the same way I understood from afar. UT upped their offer, and late yesterday Wake matched. He just posted this:

“Juke has gone back and forth a lot throughout the process and in the end settled on his hometown team. There was heavy smoke yesterday that he was going to be selecting Tennessee today but that obviously ended up not happening. Playing close to home is certainly a factor and he has a lot of WF ties in his circle. Can't knock the selection but it certainly is a blow to VT and Tennessee. Don't want to share too much more than that while I talk to some more people but big get for the Demon Deacons.

Year one doesn't count.

Steve Forbes in two years without salary budget: 23-17 in ACC play, one NIT appearance

Steve Forbes is going to perform at a level significantly higher given recent developments, as long as he can do what Larranaga has done so well and keep a team together despite vastly different financial relationships with players. Does Bobi now demand money since Juke got some? Does Damari threaten to portal if he doesn't get his fair share? Who knows, those are things that happened at Miami, but we do know that if those situations present themselves, we'll almost definitely be just fine.

Whatever you think about NIL and pay for play, can we at least agree that it’s not acceptable for us to talk about young (mostly black) men as commodities? It’s a really ugly and dehumanizing way to speak about people, especially ones that we are excited about being Demon Deacons. Just chill the fuck out and be cool is all i’m saying.

Whatever you think about NIL and pay for play, can we at least agree that it’s not acceptable for us to talk about young (mostly black) men as commodities? It’s a really ugly and dehumanizing way to speak about people, especially ones that we are excited about being Demon Deacons. Just chill the fuck out and be cool is all i’m saying.

It’s not acceptable for young (mostly black) men to BE commodified. It’s certainly fine to talk about it.

Confine him to his own thread. This is rj level stuff he is getting into.

Back