• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

I was trashed for saying Swinton sucks prior to his arrival at Wake. The only clear talent on his hs team was William Graves who was younger than Swinton.

yeah swinton definitely had the profile of a guy that was just bigger than his peers early and had no real basketball skills

hands of stone

Back to Sportsnut prediction of Passmore but not Boswell signing; any particular reasoning for this or something you heard? Pretty sure you seem to have some sort of connection such that this should be taken seriously. Also, were you Secret Squirrel in a previous board iteration?

I believe the thinking is that "something" (NIL?) Has changed the equation for Boswell and Passmore is keeping things close to the vest and the prediction is due to visit recency. Or not. No sauces of any tier.

Recruiting is a funny game, you are dealing with 17-18 year old kids and also must convince the parents. What else can the staff do to convince Boswell at this point? He has seen many of our games in person, Forbes bird dogged him for months and he has taken his official visit. He has seen everything Wake has to offer but still has not pulled the trigger. My guess is he is waiting for a specific offer before he commits anywhere, or else Wake is lacking in something he is looking for. The visit for Passmore seemed to have moved the needle quite a bit in Wakes favor for him and we are in a good spot now for him, he and his family does keep things pretty close to the vest on his recruitment however. Sometimes these things can change on a daily basis but, RIGHT NOW, I feel better about our chances with Passmore than I do Boswell.

One thing Boswell could be seeing is a lot of competition at his position. Sallis, Miller, and Ituka all look like really good options at the point and the latter two likely have two years of eligibility after Boswell would arrive at Wake. They all also have college track record.

Passmore sees Cam and Damari gone after his freshman season. Two open spots. Only guys likely to have played spot minutes in his way for playing time.

I remember Swinton being advertised as this beast who would just dunk all over guys. Then he gets to Wake and just played so small.
That's who he was as a high school sophomore. The problem is that he never grew any more and never developed his game any more. He just wasn't big enough or skilled enough for major college basketball.

What else can the staff do to convince Boswell at this point? He has seen many of our games in person, Forbes bird dogged him for months and he has taken his official visit. He has seen everything Wake has to offer but still has not pulled the trigger. My guess is he is waiting for a specific offer before he commits anywhere, or else Wake is lacking in something he is looking for.

Wasn't Boswell upfront about taking all of his official visits before pulling the trigger on a public decision?

Believe he still has a UGA visit on deck so Biff has an opportunity to wine and dine him at the Mellow Mushroom in Athens to sway his decision.

i forgot about shon coleman! he was from statesville and dunked on my neighbor in a high school game

Just came here to post that. Trilly says none of these are a done deal, and we know that Passmore is playing things close to the vest... So I'm not writing him off yet.

Miami landed the #7 rated recruit in the 2024 HS class:

Bethea is from Philly. His final 4 was Kansas, Nova, Temple and Miami.

Back