• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball: Statistical Breakdown

CumberlandDeac

Reaction score
Here is a breakdown of where Wake stands statistically in each of the "four factors" of basketball
- Effective Field Goal%
-Turnover %
-Rebounding %
-Free Throw Rate

I've been doing my best to limit starting threads about my BSD articles, but I thought this was an informative piece that most of you would enjoy and find interesting.

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2013/1...s-trends-tempo-free-four-factors-acc-schedule

So we haven't even turned over the shit teams we've played so far. Should be good times when we actually start playing good teams.

Great article, Cumberland. Thanks for sharing.

"Great teams don't win close games, they avoid them."

That's great!

I really enjoyed this post. It would also be really cool if later in the year you do an article with advanced statistical breakdowns on each player individually. Perhaps with some commentary on lineup combos etc.

Nice work, Cumberland. My takeaway is that we know a lot and know nothing at the same time. The fact that rebounding was strong except at Atlantis was interesting. Was it playing away from the Joel? Was it the higher level of competition? We can't afford to be weak on the boards.

I can definitely do some player profiles as the season progresses, and I've also looked into individual +/- stats, but I cannot find any +/- data for 5 man lineups. If there are any other trends you all want me to look into I'd be happy to do so.

Back