• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Blazer Buttons

Which Blazer Button Style Should I Choose?

• Enameled

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Non-Enameled

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

truifh0

Reaction score
I am looking at getting Wake Forest buttons for my blazer and wanted to get the pits opinion. I have the option of either the enameled which is pictured below or the more traditional gold plate finish with no enamel. I have posted another college to give an idea of how the non-enamel would like, since there is no Wake Forest picture available. Please vote and give opinions either way as I like both styles.

wf-bb_R.jpg

tnm-bb_R.jpg

I wish I remembered the password for MoricleSocietyDeac

I was hoping these buttons would look like a deacon head.

I think the last time I wore a blazer was 1999, but I don't see the point in spending the $$ on the non-enameled version. Unless someone is entirely too close for comfort in a public setting, they'll never know the difference between those and normal gold buttons.

Is that you Bzz? Settling in for the long haul I see. Don't forget the wfu tie clip. That will really "tie" the whole outfit together!

I've never gotten the gold buttons on a blazer look. Makes me think of when I was a kid and would have to wear one at Easter.

They are pretty neat, but as someone above said, I doubt anyone will ever be close enough to see them.

I've never gotten the gold buttons on a blazer look. Makes me think of when I was a kid and would have to wear one at Easter.

Something about a blue blazer with gold buttons always looked cheap/tacky to me.

I still like the blue blazer, but not the WF buttons.

The blazer matches almost all of your pants and shirts.

Last edited:
I still like the blue blazer, but not the WF buttons.

The blazer matches almost all of your pants and shirts.

Thanks to everyone who gave feedback and I agree that I think the enameled are better. For those that don't like the WF buttons or seem to not like or wear a blue blazer at all, I am curious as to why not. Blazers are appropriate for many occasions where a suit or more formal attire is not required. For the one person that called them ghey, I have a few questions for you:

1. Where are you from or where did you grow up? (May just be our regional differences in style that are the reason for our differences)

2. Where you in a fraternity?

3. Do you own and wear a Wake Forest or other team jersey while watching or attending a sporting event?

I always get a kick out of the tags and some posts on threads like this. It's legitimately hard to cast dispersions on people who wear blazers if you're a fellow student or alumnus of a school like Wake. I admire the ability to come off as austere while reveling in the privileges of Mother So Dear.

Bah fuck it. I like the blazer buttons that don't rip off when I'm driving my Porsche 991 droptop.

I like wearing jackets, and have a blue blazer, but I just don't like the gold buttons look. It just seems cheap looking to me, I dunno.

I usually do wear a jacket to work, and only wear a suit once a week or so. I don't mind wearing suits, and got used to it easily after my first job required them 5 days a week.

I like wearing jackets, and have a blue blazer, but I just don't like the gold buttons look. It just seems cheap looking to me, I dunno.

I usually do wear a jacket to work, and only wear a suit once a week or so. I don't mind wearing suits, and got used to it easily after my first job required them 5 days a week.

Fair point on the gold buttons. Do you have navy blue buttons I assume?

Back