• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest ends up 37th in the final coaches poll.

newtondeac3

Reaction score
Not only do we end up ranked no.37 but we win the state of North Carolina when State, UNC, and Duke finish with 0 votes. We should and I am sure we are using the final poll to help with recruiting. What do you think Deac94?

Pretty sweet. I'd love top-40 finishes on the reg with the occasional push for a top-25 every 4-5 years.

Three votes means three coaches put us in their top 25, is that right?

Honestly, tells me that there were three coaches out there who really phoned it in. Sorry if that's LOWF, but I don't see how anyone could say we were a top 25 team after finishing the season 2-5.

Not only do we end up ranked no.37 but we win the state of North Carolina when State, UNC, and Duke finish with 0 votes. We should and I am sure we are using the final poll to help with recruiting. What do you think Deac94?

#appstatebutthurt

Honestly, tells me that there were three coaches out there who really phoned it in. Sorry if that's LOWF, but I don't see how anyone could say we were a top 25 team after finishing the season 2-5.
Sympathy for wakeyleaks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We also vaulted up to number 48 in the final Sagarin ratings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Right, maybe a few members of the coaching fraternity wanted to show that they had Clawson's back. The only problem with that theory is that I thought it was the SID's who actually take care of such voting...

For a second I thought we were talking basketball :rimshot:

This is nice and all, but does anyone legitimately think we were the 37th best team in the country?

Well shit, maybe we would've been if our gameplanning wasn't compromised.

This is nice and all, but does anyone legitimately think we were the 37th best team in the country?

There Wake team that played the first half of the Military Bowl was certainly the 37th best team in the country and probably better than that.

A healthy QB does wonders for an offense. Wake's defense was good all season.
Sometimes Bowl games matter, at least a little.

I thought it meant: 1) 3 coaches ranked us 25 or 2) 1 coach ranked us 24 and another 25 or 3) 1 coached ranked us 23....?

The number 37 ranking is a lot easier to see if Wake is 8-5 with a win over Louisville. That might have happened if the halftime score was 28-0 instead of 12-3. Without a compromised playbook, at least some, if not all of the FG's could have been TD's. And the extra time required might well have left L without the 2:49 at the end of the half to eke out their FG. Houston had Louisville down big at the half, and Houston beat them. Might Wake have done the same?

I could easily see a coach or two giving Wake a vote at the end of their ballot based on that logic.

I think someone threw us a bone for a win over a ranked team, Wakeyleaks, and the strength of the ACC Atlantic.

I think someone threw us a bone for a win over a ranked team, Wakeyleaks, and the strength of the ACC Atlantic.

I wonder what our ranking would have been at 9-5, with wins over Army and BC too? Would we had made top 25?

I wonder what our ranking would have been at 9-5, with wins over Army and BC too? Would we had made top 25?

What if we had beaten Louisville, BC, Army, Clemson, FSU, and State. Where would we have fallen?

Quote Originally Posted by deac85 View Post

What if we had beaten Louisville, BC, Army, Clemson, FSU, and State. Where would we have fallen?

CFP

Back