• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

WSJ article does not make it sound good for Byrd. Knee injury.

Sounds like we could see Strnad, Kemp, and Williams on the field at the same time as LBs/R. Smaller but much more speed and athleticism than we had on the field there this past season.

Byrd's out for the season.

Tough blow. He’s a difference maker.

He was injured his true freshman year, right? Possible medical redshirt year?

I think from Clawsons quotes that he hopes Byrd doesn’t graduate and goes somewhere else.

Before he's finished three years in the program?

I think from Clawsons quotes that he hopes Byrd doesn’t graduate and goes somewhere else.

That's not the way I took it at all. Not trying to be dramatic, but it was a fluky, yet serious injury for Arkeem. Surgery is likely, but yet to take place, and I'm sure the recovery/rehab won't be easy for him. Clawson's comments are more along the lines of wanting the best for Byrd's health and recovery, while also offering hope that with the right work ethic he can once again be a part of the team. There's absolutely no concern of him getting better and transferring away. His health is the one and only concern at this point.

What? That's not even close to what he's saying. Pretty much no chance he plays this coming season. Hopes he is healthy enough to practice a year from now.

Wasn’t Bowers on that show? We’ve basically got a reality show position group.

Looks like Football and Clawson are our go-to major sports interest now. Hoops is the joke program, and baseball seems to be floundering again after one year of success.

Don’t know if it has been posted, but Adam Scheir is now the special teams coordinator at Texas Tech.

Back